I am confused?????????

quadprorider

#11 Post by quadprorider »

I just got done reading whole thing also! I couldn't help but put my opinion in it but my username is 400lighted and YES, those are the facts! LOL

Delaware152

#12 Post by Delaware152 »

I started to get sucked into the bs also...it's hard not to. I don't like when people start things and have no idea of what they are talking about. I am sure I will meet up with them sometime and they will see how a C-Dale runs.

Derno24

#13 Post by Derno24 »

152 don't sweat it. Lou loves to get people fired up. The answer is to just not respond. I know it is hard, but we are fueling his posts. I almost jumped in myself, but quickly realized that it wouldn't help.

cannondale440

#14 Post by cannondale440 »

Read it myself and wow.......almost speechless. I cant believe there are so many ill minded people out there. Thinking they have to bad mouth a brand/company/product because they hurd from a friends friend that has a sister that has a girlfriend whos husband knows a guy with a dale. Give me a break, I know all dales have problems so do all hondas and yammies. None of these or any motor produced is gonna run forever. Whether you want to call it a problem or maintenance eventually something is going to give. Unfortunatly with new 450s it tends to be crank bearings dale/honda. Yes there are a few exceptions where a dale motor goes after only a few hrs but again there are hondas/yam also. So what point are you trying to make? Are you saying a Dale is gonna fail before a Honda? If so you better find some facts regarding the % of low hr failures to stockers still running. If you cant find those statistics then you are simply stating a OPINION. I for one have a 02 cannibal that had well over 300 trouble free hrs. before I tore down. Why did I tear it down? Because I knew it was time for a rebuild. O ya and the metal in filter rolleyes.gif. Granted you cant catch every failure before it happens but you can do alot to prevent them. Alittle commen sense goes a long ways. Anyway, Are not we all in this for the pure sport and pleasure of riding ATVs in general? Whether Racing along side Bill B. or working on a farm all ATVs will have there goods and bads. With that said, until honda or yammi can produce something with all the goods of a dale, I wont even consider selling.

parks9

#15 Post by parks9 »

i read it too while i was laughing. u know, each side to this has there goods and bads to it, cannondales are badass and thats all there is, they need their TLC! YFZ's and TRX's are badass also they need their TLC as well. its all in the way you treat and take care of your quad. thats how i see it, but thats me...smile.gif i didnt want any of that thread!

Jaybr

#16 Post by Jaybr »

I stayed out of it too, even though my name was dragged into it, and the facts where wrong about the failures on my quad.

Lou is just an A** hole, and wants to make sure everyone knows it.

I like my Cannondales, but I could care less what people ride and any brand is welcome at my place. I've got 3 Honda's and an Arctic Cat in the garage with the Dales.

I still consider Racer101 and Dirt friends and hope they get over the failures and find something they like to ride. They'll be welcomed at my place too, but Dirt won't leave NJ.

cannondale440

#17 Post by cannondale440 »

My sediments exactly. Who cares what or how much you ride. Whether it's fast or slow, like a rock or pillow, cheap or 20k+. The only thing that matters is if you have fun riding it. Though I hate seeing a good name Cannondale get tarnished by all the trash talk of idiots. O well what can you do, its the internet.

Happyboy

#18 Post by Happyboy »

I hate that I care too much!!! :mad: tongue.gif

Jay, isn't that what happened to your quad? The hose clamp broke and then.......

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes I was there it was just a crummy hose clamp and a crazy guy who was flying(Haydug).You guys would have been amazed at how many quads Haydug was passing.We werent sure where steam was from for a lap or two 3rd time we knew it was overheating and I think it made another partial lap with no steam at all.You all know what that means.

Jaybr

#20 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Yes I was there it was just a crummy hose clamp and a crazy guy who was flying(Haydug).You guys would have been amazed at how many quads Haydug was passing.We werent sure where steam was from for a lap or two 3rd time we knew it was overheating and I think it made another partial lap with no steam at all.You all know what that means.

Exactly, and it was my fault for not getting some time on the quad before the race.

At the 6 hour the radiator got completely clogged with mud and it finally overheated and blew the head gasket.

Neither time did the crank fail, or bolt back out, or any of the common failures occur. Maybe that's because I had updates done.