timbomoose & winky?

Brad Oakley

#11 Post by Brad Oakley »

YES, they are related - by marriage. Thank goodness they don't share genetics!!!

I've had Winky tell me that he make parts for the space shuttles (seriously!) I'll remain neutral on the issue of his mechanical abilities. However (as I've just noted) sometimes his mouth works overtime while his brain is napping (and having spent time with him, I'm not kidding about the mouth/overtime thing!)

Tim and I do a LOT of business together. He is one of the most honest people I've ever had the pleasure of working with. I would not hesitate to send my engines to him! If he actually made a mistake, I have no doubt that he would fix it.

quadprorider

#12 Post by quadprorider »

Jim might have been doing some good for the Dale community, but when his cranks go boom and take out whole motors and he didn't stand behind the customer, that doesn't sound like doing good for the community to me. IMO, if he wanted to help the Dale community, he should have kept up with his ideas(and improved them) and if he had problems he should have helped the customer instead of leaving them high and dry! Also, these kind of websites don't have alot of bs except the stuff coming out of your mouth. Many of the members on here have dealt with Winkster himself and had nothing but problems and he probably still has their money, their parts, or they have blown up motors sitting doing nothing. Does that sound like a good way to help out the Dale community to you? I am also glad that he has switched to building blasters because it keeps his lies somewhere else. Members from this website are still trying to start over again after having to spend alot of money to re-rebuild their motors that went boom after Wink built it. If he is so awesome, then why isn't he a big name in the yfz and trx community? That must mean that his rep is bad from all the fibs he told and all the people he has ripped off. He can take his business somewhere else and keep other bikes in one part because as you can tell, he can't build a Dale motor that will last more then a few hours without numerous problems. Just ask the truth from the real members on here that have been ripped off by getting a motor built that won't last and having to watch it blow up after spending hard earned money on it. Sorry but the truth hurts.

MotoX_Racer07

#13 Post by MotoX_Racer07 »

Truth is there is no such thing as a reliable Dale. Motor wise that is. Plain and simple. As far as Jim goes, Yes he does some welding for space shuttles, its actually a stellite (sp??) weld that is at the end of a shut off valve which is machined down. I've seen it all pretty much so if you take it for a lie its not like it changes what the truth is, I am trusted by Jim to keep my mouth shut, which I do. Until I hear of people talking his work down. Currently I am working on a project at his place, I'll make sure I post the finished product when its done. Then you can see what kind of fine fabricating he can do. I will just say its going to be the lightest , fastest, and most reliable dale out there. SO until then whoever needs to vent go for it

azcannon

#14 Post by azcannon »

The only way I believe winky has a Timbo crank after a couple weeks is they improperly put it together and were too embarassed to tell him about it and went somewhere else to keep it a secret . Kinda like you talking about here but not naming names , I wonder if Timbo knows about it . I have dealt with Timbo a lot ! I can say from experience Timbo is Honest and Fair.

Banshee Blues

#15 Post by Banshee Blues »

It wasn't the booster O/rings he made was it?tongue.gif tongue.gif

Happyboy

#16 Post by Happyboy »

MotoX_Racer07, what you said about Winky doing good for the community. I beleive this was the case. He did spend alot of money and time building items for the dales. And he had the means to do so. The cause for all of this agony and hardship is becuase of one simple rule any builder/assembler must never break. Don't use a customer as a tester. John would make his ideas and stick them in a paying customer's motor without telling them they were an experiment. That is a huge no no. And that is where his rep started falling apart. Then with the lies about the Falicons and now about Tim. If he would stop lieing about other people and their ventures then maybe the community would lay off him.

cdrookie

#17 Post by cdrookie »

motoX-racer-

will this new project be at the endurance races at Rausch this year? hope it lasts longer than Winky's entry last year...

theJeStEr1340

#18 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by MotoX_Racer07
Truth is there is no such thing as a reliable Dale. Motor wise that is. Plain and simple. As far as Jim goes, Yes he does some welding for space shuttles, its actually a stellite (sp??) weld that is at the end of a shut off valve which is machined down. I've seen it all pretty much so if you take it for a lie its not like it changes what the truth is, I am trusted by Jim to keep my mouth shut, which I do. Until I hear of people talking his work down. Currently I am working on a project at his place, I'll make sure I post the finished product when its done. Then you can see what kind of fine fabricating he can do. I will just say its going to be the lightest , fastest, and most reliable dale out there. SO until then whoever needs to vent go for it

Your right, 200+ hours and nothing but oil changes every 10 or so hours isn't reliable. :clap: oh yeah, how is Jeff from the QS's Dale doing? I remember it haveing 200+ hours also, what didn't Jeff race FULL seasons on that bike? this isn't just Pro am or someone riding the bike, this is a pro. Didn't he win Sparta? a mud fest? which means the bike was garunteed to be packed with mud, revved a lot in the slick stuff which would create more heat that was just kept inside by the mud? These are mere facts about 2 bikes. I race mien everyweekend, and will tomorrow. I only race C class, but racign is racing, all of it is abuse.

You have to look at our motors as what they are, Race motors, right out of the box. any race motor you put together will have a shortened life span and is basically a ticking time bomb, Racers everywhere blow motors all the time, that is what happens with race motors.

Quadprorider, kudos, that is the most cool headed response I have seen in a long time. And you are right, I don't think there is anyone on here that is happy with a winky bike, if there is someone out there and they read this, please correct me, either post here, or feel free to PM me and tell me your good experience with winky and his motor in your dale.

Thank you and Good night.

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

Happyboy for me I didnt mind being a tester for Winky and even encouraged it.It was just the lies that totally ruined his reputation with me.
It has all been hashed over many times but always seems to come up again.I really dont think Winky can help himself or a little lie just grows bigger because of pride or something.Cannondale started the tradition of going public with most problems on their site.It promoted fast development and insome cases maybe too fast.But overall it was a good thing.BEFORE my first winky crank failed I spoke in length to him about other peoples cranks failing he totally denied it.I was willing to pull motor apart right away but took his word for it and kept running.That is not teamwork and to this day I am still paying for it because of a totally contaminated frame which will never be clean.Might be that when a Timbo or Falicon etc crank fails that it was caused by the old Winky crank contaminating a frame.Even after that I still gave him another chance with new and improved design.Waited forever and had a out of sync crank delivered which wasnt even made as said.Promises were made to replace that one.It is the one I still have.Risks must be taken to advance or motors but there is just no excuse for lying when things dont work out.On our part it is our responsibility to understand that failures will happen.Every opportunity has to be taken to limit more damage should something fail.Lying will not make a problem go away.

timbomoose

#20 Post by timbomoose »

welding for space shuttles

Oh I thought the Winky built race motor's.I was mistaken its "SPACE MOTORS".

Questions answered:

Is winkey a relatative?
Yes in a round about way my BROTHER'S brother in law.

Did I STEEL technology? No tried to share and help out.

Did any of my cranks go?
No .If it did someone would contact me 1st and would be taken care of and not be overcharged for sub-par work.All my work is extemely reasonable and try to be as honest as possible.

Did I have any problems with my products?
Yes. Had a problem with a coating on a wrist pin that ate into je pistons and took care of for customers involved and posted about it on r&d.Anyone can look up the details and talk to the involved people.