Is 60HP possible?

wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

Originally posted by quadman22
stock for stock a cdale can beat a crf... so if the funding was there i wouldnt see why a cdale couldnt be modded enough to reach what that crf has. am i wrong?

crf's are near 50 stock. Even an fx400 engine could just get into the low 40's

No we need something special I mean every trick in the book......titanium valves,super porting,extra high lift cams, insane compression, super stroker crank,no leak piston rings custom fuel/air intake ,lots of dyno time.
I think what we need is a site members project engine and quad. Everybody could donate to dethrone. I know where there are a lot of parts waiting to get used. smile.gif

Happyboy

#12 Post by Happyboy »

At my house!!!

Derno24

#13 Post by Derno24 »

Horsepower is all about money. He with the most money can make all the horsepower he wants. smile.gif

wistech

#14 Post by wistech »

Thats why it would have to be a team effort. I would like to see Cannondales at least once be all they had the potential to be just as a spite thing to everyone else. Now that we have the motor issues addressed we can focus on the power. Been talkling to Timbo to much lately.

iceracer17

#15 Post by iceracer17 »

Well you know who would be interested!smile.gif
I would get in on the deal,if only i had the cash,i have the motor in parts ready for re-assembly.
I've seen Rick run and he's pretty much unbeaten in open 4STROKE "A".I've seen a new frame combo in his quad each of the last 3 years.I believe he's on a full walsh built quad now.

wistech

#16 Post by wistech »

Oh ya, thats right youve got a project going right now . I was just over there yesterday and it looks like hes going to try tt racing with it. Maybe I should just pour a little sugar in his gas tank. LOL That thing is friggin light .

Sandstorm

#17 Post by Sandstorm »

Wade Wilcox built a motor for a guy up in Wis, Minn, or Mich. He races ice racing or something like that. His motor is waxing a 500cc 450r on race gas.. His titanium valves are 100 each, but the head must be fitted w/ the berilium alloy valve seats.. All I know is there is some **** fast YFZs shooting Sand Mtn that I seriously doubt a Dale could touch. Some wicked fast 470's that pull the face at 50+ mph. Buddah will put his Yoshi 450 up against any Dale any cc.. He didn't say he would win, but he wants to find out.. I will loan out my 21" Hauler/Glider combo for the Dale that wants to take him on..

iceracer17

#18 Post by iceracer17 »

Sand,
I talked to the guy this weekend.I think his name is plourde.He into freestyle now.He was at quadlympics doing some demo's with the dale.
He said it took over a year to his motor back from southbay.rolleyes.gif

Sandstorm

#19 Post by Sandstorm »

This motor never made it to SB. Must be somebody else.. Motoman runs a WWE 450 13.8-1 motor.. Maybe he will chime in on how's his quad stacks up....

CDMX215

#20 Post by CDMX215 »

anybody that thinks the ktm is slow can come chase it around i know the back of it very well now were getting very close in every coner both bikes rip tho .i love my 468hdc motor can you say zoom-zoom -zoom