I watch my dale sit more than I get to ride it!!

cdalerider75

#11 Post by cdalerider75 »

Big Dog!!! Love the name!!

5 down... may I ask why???? I want to hear your mad voice!!!

BTW have you tried rolling them down the road also??? Like I said on a good down hill you can get some good speed!!

BTW... CPT hook somewhere out there???? How's your bike comming along??

2000ex

#12 Post by 2000ex »

Glad the PC is lookin good...the bike looks great.....

If ya want nearly no problems, bulletproof reliability, very inexpensive replacement parts, and plenty of places to get parts....a nicely built 400ex would be your ticket. Change the oil every few months, oil the filter, put in gas and you are good to go. Dales are certainly a different breed and patience is of the utmost importance.

cdalerider75

#13 Post by cdalerider75 »

Man... Wes your the best... my bike would just look like ever other dale with out you!!! Ya did see the new photos.. new seat cover?? ..... just wait.. 250R kit... should be in any day!!! So next time I roll it down the steep hill... I will sit lower!!

2000ex

#14 Post by 2000ex »

My advice is to eat 6 more beers :drink:

banzairx7

Re: I watch my dale sit more than I get to ride it!!

#15 Post by banzairx7 »

Originally posted by cdalerider75
I have watched my dale sit... more that I get to ride it...

Another words it has been down because of some stupid thing breaking... and parts taking forver to get to me....

Needed to vent... should of taken dougs advice last year... and get a solid swing arm bolt...

I hate waiting for parts.... it's not anyone's fault BTW.. I just hate waiting!!!

my 0.02$

That was my advice too. I'm right there with ya, dale sitting broken. I started working on it again last night though.

Happyboy

#16 Post by Happyboy »

I don't understand what parts people are waiting on that keeps their dales from running.....The only part I can see that takes a while are the Cranks....stroker to be exact because you can get a stocker from Brad in a few days. If you want something on a deadline then you must order from a shop and tell them when you need it by. Ordering items from individuals will save you money but they rarely ship with a gaurantee.

This thread makes it look like your Dale is down and you can't get parts. This just isnt' true. I have never once had a problem getting a part. Even a hard to find part I located in a few days and received in less than a week later. Maybe I just try harder or something but I have never been let down.

Next time just call Doug.

PS,,,,What is this about a 400ex bolt fitting? That has been mentioned a few times now and I would like to know more.

banzairx7

#17 Post by banzairx7 »

I had to wait for my crank, valves, crank gear, muffler, crank bearings, gasket kit. All were ordered from doug. I think he was real backed up a month or two ago but is catching up now.

cdalerider75

#18 Post by cdalerider75 »

Originally posted by Happyboy
I don't understand what parts people are waiting on that keeps their dales from running.....The only part I can see that takes a while are the Cranks....stroker to be exact because you can get a stocker from Brad in a few days.  If you want something on a deadline then you must order from a shop and tell them when you need it by.  Ordering items from individuals will save you money but they rarely ship with a gaurantee.

This thread makes it look like your Dale is down and you can't get parts.  This just isnt' true.  I have never once had a problem getting a part.   Even a hard to find part I located in a few days and received in less than a week later.  Maybe I just try harder or something but I have never been let down.

Next time just call Doug.

PS,,,,What is this about a 400ex bolt fitting?  That has been mentioned a few times now and I would like to know more.

Happyboy.... the first part of your post is correct and has a great point... (you might be a smart guy after all j/k) From now on if I NEED SOMETHING FAST I am going to a shop (doug or Brad O.) trying to save a buck by purchasing a part from another individual just to save a buck is NOT WORTH IT!!!

Now on your second part .... that is what I am waiting for a 400EX bolt and nut... what really stinks about this is a local shop can get it in a day.... but I sent the money and refuse to pay for another one... money doesn't grow on trees

Happyboy

#19 Post by Happyboy »

Originally posted by banzairx7
I had to wait for my crank, valves, crank gear, muffler, crank bearings, gasket kit. All were ordered from doug. I think he was real backed up a month or two ago but is catching up now.

Crank...always a wait..
But on the valves...what kind of valves were you getting? I bet money they weren't stockers.....As you can get stockers any time you want.

wistech

#20 Post by wistech »

I think a 400ex bolt will fit but since its smaller(weaker) it wont locate the swingarm in the correct spot which may or may not lead to other problems.