hand guards?

CptHook

#11 Post by CptHook »

Yeah, I dont ride mx yet, still waiting on motor wink.gif . but I always run them for woods. After riding behind a couple dirtbikes on the trail I was convinced enough to buy a set. For those who havent trail ridden behind a bike its like having a constant roost coming at you (if you're on thier *** trying to pass them of course). Them and big TreeStomper5000s (utility ATVs) with Gators, thats like having a constant roost SHOVELED at you by the truckload, and those ******** are too friggin big to pass in my area, have to wait for a field or a water hole.

CannondaleRider

#12 Post by CannondaleRider »

I'm running some Acerbis Rally II handguards on my heavy b!tch(Wolverine). I didn't do this because of trees, but because of riding behind a friend with a DR-Z400, with a MEAN tire.....and he has no care in the world about the people behind him. H*ll my old helmet has a rock lodged into the face guard from this guy. So yeah, taking a big rock to the knuckles is never fun.

Also, krash's tires throw a lot of rocks, and our friend jeremy on his 450R has HD's and those throw big rocks.

Man it sucks having the slow bike of the group:confused:

cdalepilot

#13 Post by cdalepilot »

i use my acerbis guards, but only during the winter.

USAMoto00

#14 Post by USAMoto00 »

I use them because all the tracks here have OPEN practice. That means dirtbikes and quads at the same time at most tracks. I got sick of bloody knuckles and a bruised chest and stomach, so I got a chest protector and handguards. Now those dirtbikes have to let off!!smile.gif

jesshamner

#15 Post by jesshamner »

I run handguards now after some really close calls. The midsouth harescramble series has some tight courses. I can't believe I even tried to run them w/o gaurds. I would say that guards are nice for mx b/c of the debris but you're going to need those full guards for those pesky metal poles on the mx track. You might not need them if you weren't trying to cut corners:p j/k.

jfarrar

#16 Post by jfarrar »

good for keeping alot of mud off your hands too when things get ugly.

haydug

Re: Re: hand guards?

#17 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by DIRT
I'm still more cool than you.I have 6 stitches

tongue.gif

yeah, but I didn't do it on purpose, just because turning 30 scared me!! :w:

DMAC10

Stitches

#18 Post by DMAC10 »

DANG if you guys are getting 3 & 6 stitches for turning 30!!!, then dang how many do I need to get for turning 45????sad.gif

Always remember a few stitches is still better than something broke.

z400m1x

#19 Post by z400m1x »

I use Powermadd handgaurds..I like them alot..