Whew, that was close!

cdalemx301

#11 Post by cdalemx301 »

i find it funny that a lot of the people arguing on this site arent those 15-18 y/o it is the older crowd not pointing figures or trying to push buttons i just find it funny

Happyboy

#12 Post by Happyboy »

:confused:

That post is a week old and it was discussed. We dropped the matter over there because they said to. Why do you want to bring it back up? Talk about kicking a dead horse.

But what you posted was good. Questions regarding these "upgrades" are great. That is how we make improvements. It wasn't the discussion of the bearing that made people mad guys. It was the attitude some was taking towards people. I could care less if you ever use a Z400 bearing. I sure as heck am going to use it and I will advise others to.

Now, on to the DISCUSSION.
there are guys out there that argued with me that it is not the BEST upgrade even though there are other options What other options for the bearing are there?

there is nothing tho say that a properly ballenced crank and speced out motor will not last. This is the biggest problem of all in OUR eyes. The Z400 bearing is an obvious improvement, you have said it yourself. So if you are going to get the crank balanced then why not go ahead and spend the extra $35 on an improved bearing?

And your next comment goes with my last answer as well.

Don't get me or others wrong guys. We are not telling people to tear their motors down tommorrow!! We simply respond to those asking "what improvements shoudl I do?" and tell them if they get into the motor then they should do this mod. And for perspective buyers....******, if you had your choice of equal quads...1 with ATK crank and 1 with stock crank with Z400 bearing...which would you choose?

jwheat

#13 Post by jwheat »

Originally posted by ******

1. Wow....this must be a conspiracy or something. = someone wanted to question the work

I didn't take it as such.....there have been a few statements in previous threads that some "Expert" shop has said that they had seen numerous Z400 bearing failures. I think Happy's comments were intended as "No one has seen them or heard about them other than this shop" We know for a fact that the shop owner has a bad habit of dogging Cannondales, mainly because his work on them is **** and he doesn't want to admit it. I agree that a stock bearing and a properly balanced crank will work fine...but Sean, John, and Steve are saying that the bearing will groove the lower rod pin even if it hasn't gone out. Then you need a new crank rather than just rebuilding your crank.

That's how I took the comments......not as a beratement of those disagreeing.

Happyboy

#14 Post by Happyboy »

Originally posted by jwheat
I didn't take it as such.....there have been a few statements in previous threads that some "Expert" shop has said that they had seen numerous Z400 bearing failures. I think Happy's comments were intended as "No one has seen them or heard about them other than this shop" We know for a fact that the shop owner has a bad habit of dogging Cannondales, mainly because his work on them is **** and he does't want to admit it.

Oh yeah...this had nothing to do with anyone on this site. Just our favorite crank builder.

CptHook

#15 Post by CptHook »

WOW....lol you guys are truely amazing.

Again I beg for a shaking head in disbelief/dismay smiley right now.

jwheat

#16 Post by jwheat »

Originally posted by CptHook
WOW....lol you guys are truely amazing.

Again I beg for a shaking head in disbelief/dismay smiley right now.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Our next show is from 7-9 tonight. Tickets are still available, but seating is limited! Please pay-pal your ticket money to jwheat3@aol.com. Hurry and don't miss it! smile.gif

badvox

Well I tried

#17 Post by badvox »

jwheat I tried to reserve my tickets but the 2 cents put me over my paypal spending limit. smile.gif

Sorry, back to lurking now....

~mike

USAMoto00

#18 Post by USAMoto00 »

Wow! Here we go again! lol I just want to add one thing for you all to ponder. I have a completely STOCK motor here that I've raced hard for 4 years! It must be a "special" motor. I would only upgrade bearings if it were to come apart, but I wouldn't tear this motor apart just to add it for no reason. Hence the "Do not scare potential buyers away because of this" tactic. That's all and please do not go crazy with this again.

cdalemx301

#19 Post by cdalemx301 »

I have to agree with USA i have had my motor since august of 02 with totally stock motor...no stage 8 no bearings etc...and it still runs fine...if i were to break the motor down i would do the updates but until then it will stay as is

Happyboy

#20 Post by Happyboy »

lol...poor moto

***ATTENTION***
This will be known as UPGRADE in my book rather than an UPDATE.

And yes guys, I agree. When you decide to tear into the motor then yes do them then.