Cannondale Dream List

GDITheman

#11 Post by GDITheman »

ok, what about popping in a ducati 4 valve v twin? is there room? probably not. it's too tight as it is. ****.

Happyboy

#12 Post by Happyboy »

A way of changing our ECU to read a O2 sensor and auto calibrate for best setting. smile.gif <---would be the bomb!!

GDITheman

#13 Post by GDITheman »

as efi gets more advanced, it would be cool to add a whole new system on.

cdalemx301

#14 Post by cdalemx301 »

I would like to see the Blingstar DC nerf bars made available for our bikes...
Also 250r kits that were readily available...and im sure there is more but i cant think of it

J. Delaney

#15 Post by J. Delaney »

How much do you think it would cost Timbo to machine a crank and rod out of titanium? Then, replace all nuts and bolts with Ti pieces. That would kick the power to weight ratio right in the pants! Plus, think of how fast it would rev!!

I like Steve's idea of being able to get the side cover off without engine removal.

Jaybr

#16 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by J. Delaney
How much do you think it would cost Timbo to machine a crank and rod out of titanium? Then, replace all nuts and bolts with Ti pieces. That would kick the power to weight ratio right in the pants! Plus, think of how fast it would rev!!

I like Steve's idea of being able to get the side cover off without engine removal.

I think that may cause some serious balance problems with the motor. If you consider that the 03 crank was like 1/2 oz lighter than the 02, and it caused an out of balance situation that caused excessive vibration that led to varios problems, what would a crank 1/2 the weight do?

I don't remember the exact formula, but crank mass is matched to the weight of the piston assembly and counterbalance to reduce vibration.

J. Delaney

#17 Post by J. Delaney »

So, let's make the piston out of Ti as well!

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

For the trailriders and maybe even Desert racers a fully integrated dash with D&M built in,Speedo,hourmeter,GPS,A.F.R., everything right on a Bulletproof small PDA size screen.

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

On order of J.Delany's a aluminum clutch basket

wanablaze

#20 Post by wanablaze »

Yeah, lightening the flywheel or clutch assy may make a difference in how quickly it revs. I think the motor would also slow down faster?:confused: