Cross Training?????

cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

Jason did the Big heavy breathing nurse come in and take a scrub brush to the road rash?:mad: Man that hurt worse than crash for me.

jfarrar

#12 Post by jfarrar »

no they put me out for the surgery and did all the cleaning then too.i was thankful for that atleast.but i know the brush you are talking about.i got shot by a richochet from a 12 ga and when i went to the hospital they scrubbed the wound with a brush that was rough on one side but had a smooth soapy feel on the other.soon as i thought it was feeling ok they would flip it and scrub some more:cry: it was on the backside of my knee too

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Man you have had a hard life!Who shot you?

jfarrar

#14 Post by jfarrar »

well a freind and i were going to go blast off a couple shots to scare off some crows out of his garden......simple enough!well when i was walking down the back steps he had the gun pointed toward the ground and was doing something with the safety he said when baaam it shot into the concrete steps and sprayed me and the side of the house with pellets.few inches forward and would have been the back of my feet.sad.gif

jesshamner

#15 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by jfarrar
actually jess that looks just as bad as most of the rash i had except for my hands wich got it the worst.when it scabs up and cracks open all the time is when it really sucks.

Thanks for the info. Now I have something to look forward to. I have been keeping it soaked in neosporin. It seems to be healing up nicely.

Jman

#16 Post by Jman »

Sorry I can't relate with you on this one Jess. I once had a dog jump out of the back of my truck @ about 65 and his wounds looked a lot like yours, but thats about as close as I've come!
Sure am glad too, That looks painful!biggrin.gif

NRath

#17 Post by NRath »

That looks pretty rough!!! I've had my share of it, too. Usually off the side of a skateboard, though. I got about a 4" circle on the hip one time. Went right through the shorts & undies. Now that's a miserable place!!!!

I feel for ya'!!!

jesshamner

#18 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by NRath
That looks pretty rough!!!  I've had my share of it, too.  Usually off the side of a skateboard, though.  I got about a 4" circle on the hip one time.  Went right through the shorts & undies.  Now that's a miserable place!!!!  

I feel for ya'!!!

Yeah I know how the ol strawberry feels on the hip. I played baseball for about 10 years. Our school is pretty cheap so the layer of brick dust was thin.:mad:

NRath

#19 Post by NRath »

Jess- you gonna' make it to PA? Your girl would have a great time riding there, too.

USAMoto00

#20 Post by USAMoto00 »

When I crashed my street bike back in '98, I had some serious road rash! I used this sauve called Bacitracin from Rite Aid I believe, it was the only thing other than the Perk's that they gave me that helped me make it thru! When road rash tightens up, you know pain! The only way for it to loosen up is to break the wound open again. I was down for 9 months with my crash, I almost didn't live to tell about it.:eek: