ATK & Ebay

cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow looks like almost everyone thinks they will be gone:cry: I think they will still be selling parts for years to come.It just might not be the parts we need.Guys they bought all this stuff for a unbelievably cheap price.I was told around $.30 cents on a dollar maybe less.It would be crazy to dump it all since the profit potential is so great.They obviously need $ though.

CHAINSAW

#12 Post by CHAINSAW »

I kinda think they bought it all just to make a quick buck. And because of the potential for some parts to be worth a lot in the next 5-10 years could be another reason.

I see it this way. They havent started manufacturing new parts for OUR machines have they?? Just updated the inventory they bought off cannondale. So what are they waiting for?? Nothing, because I beleive they have no intentions on making new machines again.. just sell off what they can, make a few bucks, then sit back and wait till they can do it again.

badvox

#13 Post by badvox »

All I have to say is the prices they were or are charging dealers is outrageous. Lets just put it this way. In my short stint as a dealer or whatever they call the trial deal I bought parts from either here or on eBay because it was cheaper. Cheaper than dealer cost from them.

I will probably regret saying this but who cares im out of the biz now anyway.

~mike

Originally posted by cannondale27
Wow looks like almost everyone thinks they will be gone:cry: I think they will still be selling parts for years to come.It just might not be the parts we need.Guys they bought all this stuff for a unbelievably cheap price.I was told around $.30 cents on a dollar maybe less.It would be crazy to dump it all since the profit potential is so great.They obviously need $ though.

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

Was your trial deal $1500 worth of parts dealer cost for $500?Thats what shop I work for got.We never signed up for dealership after that though.

badvox

#15 Post by badvox »

Was your trial deal $1500 worth of parts dealer cost for $500?Thats what shop I work for got.We never signed up for dealership after that though.

Ha! That would have been a great deal indeed. But no not here. For example when my VR arrived arrived on the truck it was damaged. Handlebars, Hydro Clutch Cyl, Brake Cyl, were all damaged. When I called I of course had to buy the parts and then charge the freight company. I wanted to replace the bars with TAG bars. The price was almost retail price. I decided noot to get them because I could get them cheaper through Parts Unlimited of course.

Then there was 2 seperate people that came into the shop for parts and a couple calls. After quoting them prices they all went elsewhere. I didnt even quote them retail but I know the prices were real high.

Theres more but like I said I dont want to get sued by anyone.
:deal:

Bottomline I am glad I came to this forum and the other to discover the real world of cannondale. I plan on getting some Rated-x graphics soon so I can get that other name off my quad.

mike

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Jeeze.Its a shame.Wish Harley would have got Cannondale.According to Milwaukee paper they are going to make a dirtbike now:mad: Should be building a quad.

z-mann

#17 Post by z-mann »

Any one have a link to their ebay name? I suppose it will be worth my while to keep an eye on them to see what they are selling?

cannibalq8

#18 Post by cannibalq8 »

****... Are we in dangerous situation again? sad.gif. I wonder if it was better if Dinli bought the parts

CHAINSAW

#19 Post by CHAINSAW »

Jeeze.Its a shame.Wish Harley would have got Cannondale.According to Milwaukee paper they are going to make a dirtbike now:mad: Should be building a quad.

Harley made dirt bikes in the 70s. I cant find the pages now, but I read it a few months back. They had some real wild stuff that was pretty cool. They tried inverted forks back then, and also inverted forks on the back for the rear shocks. The air cooled 250 2 stroke they made, had something like 52HP stock.... Now that is some power, especially back then. biggrin.gif If I come across that page again, Ill share.

Sandstorm

#20 Post by Sandstorm »

If you all only new.....:deal: