security suggestions???

Mjollnir

#11 Post by Mjollnir »

Big highway grade chain (bolt cuttters won't cut it), a good solid padlock and a good anchor point. Make it hard to take and they won't take it. Thieves are generally LAZY. That's why they are thieves.

No need to get fancy.

Marc

wanablaze

#12 Post by wanablaze »

I agree with Marc. If the thief were to notice the camera it would be easy to disable. If you do get a good chain, I'd try to find a lock that cannont be opened with bolt cutters either. Also, whatever you are attaching the chain to. Do you have a lawn mower or something else in the shed with wheels? Have you seen how many sled guys tie two sleds together in opposite directions?

myEXgotstolen

#13 Post by myEXgotstolen »

thats true...

saltus440

#14 Post by saltus440 »

a set of motion lights discourage most thieves when they set them off probably.:deal:

Jman

#15 Post by Jman »

I think you can get a motion activated hunting camera at Wally World for between $70 and $100 in the sporting goods. We looked at doing those at our track to keep people from freeloading.

These are only good for after the fact though. Won't keep someone from taking it if they don't know it's there.

Exodus

#16 Post by Exodus »

If theres a way to get it, they will. So a thief will steal, thats the way the world works. The best thing you can do is make it hard for them. The two worst things on a thiefs mind is, time, and access. If you make it so they have to take their time in getting it stolen, then they wont be as likely to take the chance. If you make it hard enough to get out, then the more time they spend trying to get caught. I would suggest the big chain, a motion light, and a siren on a motion light sensor, make sure you keep the motion light and siren on seperate circiuts, that way they have to find more than one circiut breaker. Top it all off with a game camera. If your planning on leaving it in the shed for any length of time, invest in a $100 POS car. Simply park it infront of the shed. Make it hard for them to get it out. If they can get passed all that, you got to admit, they nearly earned it.

myEXgotstolen

#17 Post by myEXgotstolen »

buhmp

cdalemx301

#18 Post by cdalemx301 »

I know wheni was a race last season a guy was afraid of gettin his 450r stolen he took the shfter off and disconnected the clutch cable from the motor...this way they cant simply roll it away...might work i dunno.

cdalerider75

#19 Post by cdalerider75 »

Most times when things this size get stolen ... it is b/c the person knows what they are taking and where you live..

1. rule... never tell someone where your from or live that you don't know when ridding...

Think about people that get systems stolen out of cars... they attract attention.. people know where they park it and/or live..

Did you ever find out who stole it, yours?

one nice thing about cannondales is.. if you live where maybe only one or two people own a cannondale, not hard to find one that is stolen and that is the down side of owning anyother quad there everywhere very hard to track down......

do you own another quad yet? How much you looking to spend for a race ready quad? non stock cannondale all tricked out.. plus power coated....

banzairx7

#20 Post by banzairx7 »

Radio Shack makes some cheap battery powered alarms.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?cata...t%5Fid=49%2D329

$25

Then I would pour some concrete in the ground with a big eye bolt sticking out. Then run a big cable through the eye bolt and get a good lock.

A motion light is a good idea also. They are less than $15 at home depot.