Ohlins Rear Shock Warning

jacobw

#11 Post by jacobw »

is that the reason that, that shock would not hold oil and the seal kept leaking??? I better check my new shock maybe it blew out because of that same reason??

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

No the shock pictured.Yours.The seal was shot.Just wore out.I do have one right now that I can post pic of the oring poking out of loose screw.Will post pic of that later.But it is getting to be quite common it seems.

jacobw

#13 Post by jacobw »

the seal that was in the shock was brand new the guy put a new seal in it!!! HMM it didnt have a nick in it did it. That is the reason i got rid if it becuase the it leaked when i bought it had it rebuilt and leaked after one race. Steve do you rebuild ohlins I have one that needs a seal in it now I bought off nrel and blew it out too I am going to check on the screw see if it came loose:)

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

Uhm I cant answer that I think?

theJeStEr1340

#15 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

DeRisi ordered a new seal and screw for the shock when I sent it back to him a second time, it has held better since. He said it is a crappy design on Ohlins part, he doesn't even use the screw to bleed the shock.

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Me either.

toothandnail

#17 Post by toothandnail »

I'm not positive it wasn't loose but we were at the dunes when I noticed it starting to weep oil , tried to tighten but wouldn't budge I didn't try to back out any because of the shock pressure just kept riding ,not doing any big air , but o ring came out anyway , so I'm thinking it wasn,t loose

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

Okay.I think the O-ring not being seated would have prevented the tightening of screw but I will keep an eye on this possibility.If it is a issue I will replace o-ring with a copper ring of correct size.

toothandnail

#19 Post by toothandnail »

Had Quad Shop rebuild mine no problems sense you've seen the air we get:hammer: smile.gif almost 2 years sense rebuild, probably about time for another

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

Originally posted by tooth&nail
Had Quad Shop rebuild mine no problems sense you've seen the air we get:hammer: smile.gif almost 2 years sense rebuild, probably about time for another

Right.I never saw one I did go either but I use Loctite on everything as I am sure Jeff does also.This tip is for extra measure and for those that want to save the trouble of getting a rebuild right away.