afr meter

cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

You know I wonder why nobody seems to tune 4strokes with a EGT(exhaust gas temp.)guage?All the snowmobile guys do it that way.Shouldnt be any different.Keep engine temps below 1300deg and your good to go!Cheap also and very accurate.On the sled when your doing a wide open run you can see it start climbing instantly hopefully leveling off before critical if jetting is right.Here is the one I have on my sled.Its a triple but only use a double guage which I had for years.There are just some shielded wiring running to the pipes which you drill a small hole in.Stick the probe in there and a hoseclamp keeps the probes in.Really wonder why not?

aroracer72

#12 Post by aroracer72 »

Only reason i can think of is leniancy. In snowmobiles..your working with 100+hp with 2/3 cylinders. You can afford a couple horsepower....jsut want to make shure it wont burn up. With a O2 sensor your fine tuning the engine so that it is running absolutely 100% perfectly and using every HP you can produce. In snowmobiles..like i said...as long as it runs good...and doesnt burn up.....nothing else matters...in quads you really need it to be perfect in order to be competetive or perform what you want to do.

Heres pics of my set up. Simple o2 sensor with a wire running to the gauge mounted were ever you want it. In my gauges case, it tells you leanness and richness is degrees of colored bars. Red being max, yellow being partly, and green meaning perfectly balanced.
CHAD

fig

#13 Post by fig »

The best deal I found on the LM1 stuff was:

J & M Speed Center
3230 Motor Circle
Riverside, CA 92504
(951) 688-3687
(951) 688-7620 Fax

They purchased a lot of inventory and it's not selling as fast as they thought it would.

Call them and check prices. I don't know if they screw you on shipping, I picked up at the store.