You ride with 450's, we ride with THIS !!

walsh450rmx21

#11 Post by walsh450rmx21 »

hey what kinda shocks do youll have other there??
and what kinda nerfs and stuff..
and the riders gear is weird as heck.. looks like 80's riding gear..

jesshamner

#12 Post by jesshamner »

We have monsters like that over here too.

J. Delaney

#13 Post by J. Delaney »

Is that an old air cooled GSXR engine?

Most of the street bike engines don't work too well because the internal transmission gearing is way off and it's tough to get a proper final drive ratio. I still want to build one though.

2000ex

#14 Post by 2000ex »

I like the smoothie fronts, they must be great for high speed cornering....lots of side bite :eek:

Happyboy

#15 Post by Happyboy »

That thing is cool. And yeah, you guys need to feed the driver.

SlOoT

#16 Post by SlOoT »

wow, I didn't mean that our quads own your 450's.

It's just that here in the Netherlands there are no real classes for the quads yet, only the Blaster class and the 200cc-1000cc class.

I think the tracks here are different then yours, you won't find a big double here. But instead of that we do have tables. Biggest one I cleared so far is 50 feet.

The quad you see on the above picture will only dominate on certain tracks. On the tracks I normaly race that quad won't be much faster then a YFZ, coz it's more jumping and cornering. Only on the straights it would be faster.

We also have tracks here were a Blaster would be able to keep up with a YFZ. Small jumps, tight corners.

I don't know if those rear tires you see on the picture actualy work good, coz i'm still riding with my Holeshots, wich work perfect for me. But about 75% of the proffesionals here use narrow sand tires on the rear. Most common are the C828 and the Excavator.

Most common race quads here are: VLS, W-tec Erasor, W-tec Evo, EML, YFZ450, TRX450.
Most common suspension: Reiger, WP, Ohlins, Technoflex, Intrax. Intrax seems to be the best you can get here.

SlOoT

#17 Post by SlOoT »

Originally posted by walsh450rmx21
hey what kinda shocks do youll have other there??
and what kinda nerfs and stuff..
and the riders gear is weird as heck.. looks like 80's riding gear..

Most of the aftermarket stuff you have over there are also available here. Lonestar, DuraBlue, Maier, HMF, FMF, ITP, etc.

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

Ok its cool.Now those are race quads!That other one like said is a Duner or Drag quad here those are cool also but nobody would race a 450 against one.Plenty of big powered stuff here also.

Exodus

#19 Post by Exodus »

I"ve seen some pictures of a AGM, AM something like that. They used a KTM dirtbike and converted it to a quad, are still racing them over there? Those were some pretty wild looking quads.

Dale512

#20 Post by Dale512 »

I would love to ride on of those new W-Tec Evo's they look very awesome. Got any good shots of those in action?