price gaouge?

jacobw

#11 Post by jacobw »

I thought you payed the sales tax at the licence office??:confused: :confused: the bike even with dealer prep should never be over msrp and I dont think they are by law allowed to charge over msrp thier is a dealership here in missouri getting sued for that the dealers charging fees like dealer prep and other fees that they fail to mention until all the paperwork is almost done. The local zuk shop here will have one and I bet be will be below msrp he is like the 2nd biggest in sales in mo and like 10th in the region and he is at least 600 or 700 below retail on all his bikes somtimes as much as 900. I bet you can get one for under msrp if you know your facts they will charge you if you let them. Thier is such a thing called the better business bureau and they will crack down on that sorta stuff!!!smile.gif

Sandstorm

#12 Post by Sandstorm »

I asked the dealer today why do most charge freight and set up and you guys don't. He said freight is included in the msrp and they get reimbursed 75 bucks from the manufacturer for set up.. Another words,,, most dealers are screwing you!!! Why???? because they can.

cdalepilot

#13 Post by cdalepilot »

i'm paying 6499.00 otd for my LTR i live in kansas and i'm buying it from bartlesvill cycle sports in bartlesvill ok. so i don't have to pay any taxes on it and there are no other hidden charges. i've done buisness with these guys before and the otd price they give you is what it sells for.smile.gif

jwheat

#14 Post by jwheat »

Originally posted by jacobw
Thier is such a thing called the better business bureau and they will crack down on that sorta stuff!!!smile.gif

The Better Business Bureau is an over-rated joke. They have no authority over businesses. All they can do is give out reports on businesses if you call them and request information on a particular business.

Sandstorm

#15 Post by Sandstorm »

Originally posted by cdalepilot
i'm paying 6499.00 otd for my LTR i live in kansas and i'm buying it from bartlesvill cycle sports in bartlesvill ok. so i don't have to pay any taxes on it and there are no other hidden charges. i've done buisness with these guys before and the otd price they give you is what it sells for.smile.gif

In our state you must register an offroad vehicle. If you buy it out of state there is no sale tax. However when you register it in our state your are hit w/ the sales tax. You can no longer lie to the DMV on the cost. They simply go by book value and if has never been registered you will pay the tax on the msrp plus any registration tax's from up to two prior years. Pay now or pay later. They will get you one way or another.. And at our dunes you will get checked for registration sooner or later at the gate.. No tags = ticket..

6499 for a newly released model. I am having a hard time buying that they would sell for 800 below MSRP.. We have bought 5 machines from the dealer Buddah bought his 450 from..