My new tow vehicle!

TraumaRN

#11 Post by TraumaRN »

2k suspension
2k wheels and tires (motometal 951 black)
1k amp research step
'im broke as a joke!

Originally posted by bspblaster
Nice truck, I work at the truck plant in Missouri and am a little biased towards the dodge trucks.

TraumaRN

#12 Post by TraumaRN »

Originally posted by haydug
So, how do you like it? Honestly. I've bee looking, thinking of plopping down a large chunk for a mega deisal. :wow    But, after owning my chevy, I love the way they ride, and handle. I drove a buddies ford on a trip, and was seriously looking at one until that trip. It rode like my very old chevy's.

I have the Hemi which was more than adequate until the 35x12.50s came along. Now I feel I need to step up to 4.56s to regain the "zip" (3.92)it once had. i am waiting for the superchip to be released.
As far as the truck minus engine: This thing is HUGE. I drove an Acura RSX prior to this and I am still learning to park this thing. Basically have to back in to most pareking spaces. The MC 1500 comes on
a HD 2500/3500 frame with a softer spring rate, same size brakes, hubs, etc.
Gas mileage is around 12 locally and 13-14 on long trips, however it is not quite broken in yet. Ride was nice, but a bit bouncy in the rear end until the KORE suspension (3" springs all around with Fox 2.0 rezzies). I have the new tires at 38psi now and it is seemingly the sweet spot for these (nitto mud grappler).
I am still wondering if I made the right choice going gas over diesel, but it's too late now. The 6k premium for the diesel would probably not have recouped itself with my driving and towing patterns, but I'm sure I'll feel it during resale in a few years. Anyway, I love the truck and have no regrets, save the second thoughts regarding gas vs diesel.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

edited to add: all the megacabs come with a solid front axle, no IFS!

fixthedale

#13 Post by fixthedale »

I am disgusted and distraught that such a nice ride belongs to someone other than me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!smile.gif :eek:

NRath

#14 Post by NRath »

Sweet lookin' truck, Trauma! Those wheels give it a great look.

Sage

#15 Post by Sage »

very nice--

J. Delaney

#16 Post by J. Delaney »

The guys I know with the Cummins engines usually get between 16-20mpg. But since diesel is a bit more expensive than gas these days, cost is a wash. A diesle will pull better than a gas motor and there's more potential for power.