It's Dead!

MXMIKE

#11 Post by MXMIKE »

Here is the email my wife got back from southbay when she asked about a rebuild and if rad2go was gonna buy cdale.

Thank you for your interest in our products. For your situation I would recommend our "DE1" kit. It is a complete engine rebuild including our signature dependability enhancements. Details can be found on our website. This kit includes standard gaskets and rings but does not include any damaged parts above and beyond this. Those parts are additional.

Please do not worry about parts. We are working with very reputable companies and vendors to keep the parts available to our customers. The bikes are great, my wife and I are not selling ours any time soon.

As for the new owners nothing has been set in stone but the future is looking bright. Quite possibly we might be involved in the development of the 2004 production engines. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerest Regards,
Dustin E. Lunde
General Manager
South Bay Moto
(310) 784-7690
webmaster@southbaymoto.com

josborn

#12 Post by josborn »

I just bought my Cannibal friday, and I'm parting out my Lonetsar/laeger 310r. I don't think anyone should worry, someone will either begin manufacturing replacement parts or the motorsports division will be bought, just a hunch. The parts I would concentrate on finding are the fuel pumps, ecu's, and throttle sensors, the rest can be machined. I think Cannondale will exist on aftermarket regardless of what the motorsports division does.

Derno24

#13 Post by Derno24 »

I wouldn't worry about the fuel pump there is a post where a pump can be found in an auto parts store. The ECU is the same as in some sports bikes as I am sure the parts for the throttle sensor can be found elsewhere.

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

Luckily Optimum supplies the ECM no worries.Out of curiousity I had a Triumph dealer price me a ECM $1600 huh I couldnt believe it.Exactly same as ours Sagem 1000.

jcv440

#15 Post by jcv440 »

I think Rad2Go is blowing smoke up our arses now also. Ion??? called us from Rad2Go about 2 weeks ago and told us that he closed the deal on Cannondale and if I was excited......

josborn

#16 Post by josborn »

so what's everyone worried about? What parts would be a problem? also Cannondale 27, do you still have a transmission bolt stud update kit available (looks like stage8)? if so email me with a price at josborn@adrcivil.com thanks.

4punksdad

#17 Post by 4punksdad »

no worries here...............I smile every time I ride my c-dale. when she dies, I'll buy whatever is the coolest on the shelf.

jcv440

#18 Post by jcv440 »

No worries here either, just pissed off. I'm still running my machines, parts won't be a problem....

JeffQuadShop

#19 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by JBBSPEED
I can not say who the parts dealer was but i can say it was not Quad Shop. I have been trying to get a new chain slide for awhile. I called the place that has it on order. we talked for  
I have sliders in stock if you still need one!

mxdave28

#20 Post by mxdave28 »

what ever happend to the polaris bid? last time i was in here i was reading threads about polaris putting up a 70 mill bid?? if i remember correctly w/o going back and looking it up. it is sad to see this happen, from what i have seen on these they looked to be the quad of the future. so whats, up with the polaris bid f anyone knows?