03 Frame? or 04 Frame?

mxstar04

#11 Post by mxstar04 »

Nope no tabs have been welded in......I will try and get pictures tommorow of the entire frame for everyone to see...so that we can get his boggle solved...thanks so far for everyones input..

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

Late 03 frames didnt have the tabs either.Lights were mounted in covers.The frame does have all the castings of a 02 frame like the guys said though.

NRath

#13 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Mar 26 2007, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The older cast upper spar miters, and the narrower A-arm flanges are combined evidence of that.

Based on the narrow A-arm mounts, it seems most likely it was an FX frame. The missing oil drain reinforces that to me. I'd lean towards pre-FX prototype. It was probably realized oil changes would be more difficult without it, so it was added for production runs. How about the steering stem mount between the A-arms? Is it just a U-shaped piece or does it have the bends on the back of it?

Sorry this isn't panning out to be an '04 prototype as was the premise when you bought it.

mxstar04

#14 Post by mxstar04 »

QUOTE (NRath @ Mar 27 2007, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Based on the narrow A-arm mounts, it seems most likely it was an FX frame. The missing oil drain reinforces that to me. I'd lean towards pre-FX prototype. It was probably realized oil changes would be more difficult without it, so it was added for production runs. How about the steering stem mount between the A-arms? Is it just a U-shaped piece or does it have the bends on the back of it?

Sorry this isn't panning out to be an '04 prototype as was the premise when you bought it.

Well.. its an upside down U-shape with a piece bent down in the back where the stem bearing plate mounts...its got two holes on top and one on the side on the back where the plate mounts.....Im not really worried about what year frame it is...IM just trying to get it all figured out so that i know which one i have...Just for reference reasons and whatnot...once i get some actual good pictures of it and get them posted up... well know exactly what it is hopefully... Im just glad i got it!...LOL.