Frank White's latest response on the future of ATK

peterock

#11 Post by peterock »

I guess it's better to support ATK as they are at least still in business.

You can chant Cannondale all you want but that one is deffinetly falling on death ears. I don't think you are going to see any updates or changes from Cannondale on these quads any time soon.

Psychosis

#12 Post by Psychosis »

The thing that I must say and I know quite a few agree on here is that C'Dale was built on dreams. The company dreamed of everything and had the balls to do. The Japanese still haven't found their own pairs and matched up to the crazy ideas and stuff that was in store for the future.

ATK has never put anything into R&D for these machines that we've seen. C'Dale had big plans and if they wouldn't have went bankrupt then I'd bet the quad's would be so far ahead of the competition that there would be a lot more riders due to domination. Example: carbon fiber rear axle.

The dreams might've died short but atleast they tried. They never pushed forth just for money; instead they pushed to dominate and that failed them. I have an "ATK" quad and when I get it built up to the 505cc when my stuff comes back I will have a Cannondale sticker setup on it and a sticker I'm making which refers to the C'Dale dream. That is unless ATK can show me they are worthy of being supported. I supported them hugely when they first came on but after many broken promises, hundreds of emails/phone calls that they would never respond to me, etc, I gave up; as have others.

Long live the dream. It still lives through this site and the "mad doctors" who do the R&D now, lol.

jwheat

#13 Post by jwheat »

QUOTE (peterock @ May 22 2007, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think you are going to see any updates or changes from Cannondale on these quads any time soon.

We haven't seen any from ATK either for that matter.

peterock

#14 Post by peterock »

QUOTE (jwheat @ May 22 2007, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We haven't seen any from ATK either for that matter.

I would disagree. Is the motor ATK puts out today identical to what Cannondale put out? No they aren't. The motors they sell today are more reliable then anything cannondale released. Right or Wrong? Yes you can say ATK put out the crappy piston/wristpin that had problems. But they did improve upon it. And maybe there is something else out there. The one thing I do know, ATK owns the rights to these quads and i want to see them around for as long as possible. Are they going to be around forever, probably not. But every company finds something bigger and better eventually and when ATK does, I'm sure they'll move forward. Why wouldn't they. That would be like someone refussing to let go of the 400ex for the 450. ????

I like prodding you guys along with these types of posts.

It's like those that still fly the Rebel flag. Hate to break the news to you but the south lost. dry.gif

Wish I new enough about website hacking........I would change the name of the site to ATKRiders.com just to mess with you guys.

biggrin.gif

peterock

#15 Post by peterock »

Posted by Frank White.

To answer some questions:

Since 1992 I have received questions each year on new product development. Everyone including dealers wants to know. When I see Dealers at Dealer Shows they ask and I tell them you don????????t want to know because if you do another dealer will tell someone who will tell your customer about it and then you wont be able to sell the product on your floor. ???????Loose lips sink ships??????? is what we say.

There are a few (maybe 5 like Jeff Stoess) who knows what we are working on. They have signed confidentiality agreements with us. Jeff is a Top Racer who I trust who has a good feel for what works and is a good sounding board on new products.

Currently the 450 is selling quite good, especially in Europe. We sell all we can currently make.

Before a new model is introduced which replaces an older model there are many factors which need to be looked at like:
1. How many bikes are on current dealership floors?
2. Are they still selling at MSRP?
3. What is the competition doing?
4. How much current inventory do we have on hand?
5. How much inventory do our vendors have in the pipeline?
6. Are the products still competitive in the Racing markets?
7. Are the products fully tested?
8. How many Beta Testers for pre-year 1 do we want to get out there?
9. Are our Vendors geared up for production?
10. Where are we on marking collateral?
11. What do the Magazine Editors think of this prior to the release?

There are many more items. These just came from the top of my head.

If you don????????t run this like a business you go out of business.

It was said by one that ???????Cannondale did a lot of things before they closed the doors??????? Let me know I have two who work for me.

FYI- We have remained in business 23 years, which is 20 longer than Cannondale has. We don't model our business after Cannondale.

I????????m not normally vague on things; however, when it comes to new products which may replace an existing product don????????t look for any answers. If I don????????t protect the dealers out there with stock on their floors that they paid for we have nothing because they will quit buying.

Sorry for the blunt answers.

BTW, one mentioned ???????busting my balls??????? I might remind you that people in the industry tell me ???????I have the biggest balls of them all??????? (AC-DC) for doing this on my own.

haydug

#16 Post by haydug »

Uh, ATK doesn't own any right to anything. Dinli would be the people who stepped up to the plate the BOUGHT that. ATK couldn't afford them. Now that Dinli isn't going anywhere, ATK claims the rights. But, rights to what? Have they done anything with them?

Sandstorm

#17 Post by Sandstorm »

I thin.....................................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Nevermind..

Aprillia Vtwin in a quad??? What have you guys been smokin??

jesshamner

#18 Post by jesshamner »

Posted by Frank White.

There are a few (maybe 5 like Jeff Stoess) who knows what we are working on. They have signed confidentiality agreements with us. Jeff is a Top Racer who I trust who has a good feel for what works and is a good sounding board on new products.

Is Jeff even working with them anymore? From what I can tell, Jeff sold everything ATK/Cannondale that he had. He might...just might have one quad left. He has eluded to only riding dualsport anymore on quadzone.com.

Currently the 450 is selling quite good, especially in Europe. We sell all we can currently make.

I'd like to see some sales numbers. How about just some addresses and phone numbers of dealerships.

Before a new model is introduced which replaces an older model there are many factors which need to be looked at like:
1. How many bikes are on current dealership floors?
2. Are they still selling at MSRP?
3. What is the competition doing?
LOL...are you serious? If the new models were based off what the competition was doing, you would think they would be trying to stay ahead of the game.
4. How much current inventory do we have on hand?
5. How much inventory do our vendors have in the pipeline?
6. Are the products still competitive in the Racing markets?
Yes.
7. Are the products fully tested?
Yes...Cannondale did that for them.
8. How many Beta Testers for pre-year 1 do we want to get out there?
Who are these people? Why wouldn't some existing owners be on the team?
9. Are our Vendors geared up for production?
10. Where are we on marking collateral?
11. What do the Magazine Editors think of this prior to the release?

How about:
12. How long can they sell a dying breed?
13. How long can they go without increasing durability?
14. How can we make a better name for ourselves?...They are pretty much nonexistent on the east coast. Nobody I know that races has ever heard of ATK unless they know Jeff Stoess.
15. What is the market going to look like for this product in 3 years? I mean, Can they sell a quad that is almost identical to a 7 year old quad? Sure they made a few changes but its pretty much the same.
16. How can we better support the people that support us. One name comes to mind.... Psychosis

How about you figure out the simple questions first ATK.

Sandstorm

#19 Post by Sandstorm »

Somebody ask Frank a current vin number on a quad sitting in there warehouse. That will tell how many have been shipped. I'll bet it's like 10 or something like that, LMAO!!!!

jesshamner

#20 Post by jesshamner »

I want to apologize for sounding so negative. It just gets me a little fired up to hear more promises or good news like ATK is actually getting stuff done. We've heard it all before and having seen anything yet. How long has it been now? Am I the only one frustrated with them?