atk on ebay

Happyboy

#11 Post by Happyboy »

QUOTE (peterock @ Jun 8 2007, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ATK's site lists them at 46hp, not sure where this guy is getting 48hp. I would have to say there is nothing wrong with ATK posting the 46hp on the site. Mine did dyno at 45-46 stock.

oh come on...your STOCK atk did not hit 46hp. You changed the map at the least. smile.gif And 1 out of 100 doesn't make a trend. 40hp stock at rear wheels is the norm.

ozarkdaler

#12 Post by ozarkdaler »

Rule is advertising number 1: rolleyes.gif
ADVERTISE WITH YOUR BEST HP NUMBER REGARDLESS IF IT WAS A TREND OR NOT. IT SCARES THE COMPETITION!!!! laugh.gif

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Since when does changing a map qualify it as not being stock?I saw what I saw.I will bet all LTR's arent in same state of tune from factory I know YFZ's arent.Since there is so much worry about scaring people away.I cannot understand why a post ripping on ATK would be started lets support ATK as much as possible and stick to facts that are known as facts.Fact is Petes ATK hit 45-46hp was a record for a stocker on our dyno but nonetheless it did it.

wayneschofield

#14 Post by wayneschofield »

I do custom mapping, mainly on cars, and they vary plenty from one to another.

Why should quads/bikes be any different? Especially when the cam timing is known to be somewhat hit-and-miss from the factory....

Peak figures are really irrelevant, and use only to those wanting to 'big-up' this or that. What REALLY matters is the area under the curve through the rpm band your gearbox forces you to use.... That is what wins races, not peak power or peak torque.

My stock Speed gave 43 flywheel hp on my dyno. My stock Cannibal gave 46. My sons YFZ450 gave 38 on the same day, on the same dyno.

My dyno measures the wheel power and then the losses on the downslope to calculate flywheel power. It's interesting how the wheel figures can vary with tyre type, pressure etc but the flywheel figures come out the same, and so they should, if it's the same motor.....

I'll have to dig out the plots, they are interesting to look at....

Here are some examples of cars I do....

wanablaze

#15 Post by wanablaze »

That's wicked, Wayne! Very nice.

peterock

#16 Post by peterock »

Wayne,

I'm available for adoption..............

ozarkdaler

#17 Post by ozarkdaler »

That would be nice to have in the garage.

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow!