Another company with dale parts!

Derno24

#11 Post by Derno24 »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Jun 23 2007, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Derno,you know if they clearanced the arms people would be all over it. Cannondale owners are just cheap for the most part. No one wants to pay retail.

You must be kidding right? You don't get clearance a-arms when no one is really stocking anything for your machine. So something for nothing is the motto and that is what will happen. We will die due to not being willing to pay for products. Small companies are the only way to go like Hermann and JRD and I guarantee you no one will pay $800-$850. These are not stocked items from either JRD or Hermann they would be made to ord3er so why would either want a pay cut to make something once. That has to be the most backward thinking process I ever heard.

Oh by the way the JRD arms are $800 and the Hermann arms are $850 just so we have a price point. Then Jansenn may make a set at a grand.

Derno24

#12 Post by Derno24 »

QUOTE (Psychosis @ Jun 23 2007, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well put on there Happy. I've been working on some new arms from a new producer for awhile. They've had a parts supplier problem which knocked back a finished project well over a month trying to get something setup but looking at having lt a-arms designed off the the ASR's but improved/made for multiple shocks and around the $500 area. I've seen some of the work and it appears top notch and much improved over the ASR's. If the supplier ever gets all the stuff in I'll have a set to test and possibly have a new a-arm option.

Good luck on that. I am pretty sure when the time comes and you ask for $500 or so no one will bite there either.

I have nothing invested in any of this. I have my set-up and am still using it. I am just realizing that without combining buying power of what is left of the Cannondale community you will never get anything made without going to small vendors.

RonDK

#13 Post by RonDK »

QUOTE (Derno24 @ Jun 23 2007, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good luck on that. I am pretty sure when the time comes and you ask for $500 or so no one will bite there either.

I have nothing invested in any of this. I have my set-up and am still using it. I am just realizing that without combining buying power of what is left of the Cannondale community you will never get anything made without going to small vendors.

What set-up are you using? Just curious...I'm starting to save for a new front end.

Derno24

#14 Post by Derno24 »

I personally have a set of Houser +1 LT with Elka Elites.

Happyboy

#15 Post by Happyboy »

QUOTE (Derno24 @ Jun 23 2007, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You must be kidding right? You don't get clearance a-arms when no one is really stocking anything for your machine.

Um Derno, thats exactly right. The only way alot of cannondale arms would see is if they were dirt cheap.

Derno24

#16 Post by Derno24 »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Jun 23 2007, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Um Derno, thats exactly right. The only way alot of cannondale arms would see is if they were dirt cheap.

What exactly are you getting at?

People are too cheap so others can't get better parts?

Or somehow you figure to find someone willing to make arms for dirt cheap?

haydug

#17 Post by haydug »

I have seen some of the herman parts that do not match. Example, if you were to buy a set, and say need a replacement arm, it may not match the set you have. I guess changing the way you build something mid stream may be an improvement, but don't forget about the older parts. They have been around awhile, so they may have improved. JRD seems to put out very nice stuff, and has done the research at Derno's request to build arms, and yet nobody seems to consider them, unless of course it is 1/2 price. LOL... Sometimes boys you have to pay to play. You can't always seem to get parts free for these quads.

speedracer

#18 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (RonDK @ Jun 21 2007, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought about them too but after I read this^^^I wasn't sold on them anymore.

I have got some parts from Hermann racing.Fit & finish were top notch,at least to me.

UpsMan

#19 Post by UpsMan »

There is a lot of truth here. There are a lot of guys that want stuff made for these quads, but when the stuff gets made, suddenly nobody has any money. If I were a company looking at making something for a quad that I wanted to profit from, it **** sure wouldn't be for a Cannondale.

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

I know in my case I waited for a-arms for well over six months.Ended up just getting used arms at a very good price.It is tough though on builders of products especially for us but I dont expect anyone to pay more for anything just because.Usually when people ask me what they can expect to sell I say under 5 unless its something that is really needed to keep it running.