Southern Group Ride

jesshamner

#11 Post by jesshamner »

Is there a website for the place in MO?

ozarkdaler

#12 Post by ozarkdaler »

idk. Try to google it. It is a state funded riding area under the dept. of the Mark Twain National Forest in Chadwick, Mo..

There is also St. Joe park south of Saint Louis but, I do not know anything about it.

speedracer

#13 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Oct 8 2007, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Never been to chadwick but I have to St.Joe park dozens of times.tons of sand&miles of trails from very hard to easy pluslots of bottomless mud holes.Lots of jap. quads to drag race.Also theres a new ride area about 10 miles away with two mx tracks and trails have not been there yet.St.Joe also has camping too.Ride down a trail from the camp ground and your in the sand.Oh yea you can drive your four by truck in the ride area also just need a flag.Get some paddles.

svahle

#14 Post by svahle »

I am all for a group ride in or around Missouri, but I don't think Chadwick is the right place. I was there a few months ago and it is extremely rocky and washed out. One of my buddies ended up in the ER and had surgery on his hand that evening. The riding is very slow and technical. It is more suited for dirt bikes and trials bikes. If I had to go back on an ATV it would be on a utility model. In the past they tried to dress it up but it has washed out over the last few years and many have complained about its current condition. Even the dirt bike guys are complaining about how rough it has gotten.

I have not been to St. Joe State Park but I have heard very good things about it.

I realize I am a new comer to the Dale scene, but I would very much like to see a group ride in a central location. I think Little Sahara, OK would be a great site for a group ride. There are tons of sand trails and the open dunes are always fun. Also there is no shortage of other quads to drag. As long as the most busy weekends are avoided there should be ample camping spaces. In fact, they now have spaces that can be reserved. I was ther last week with a group of about 50. There were three Dales in the group and it was fun enough just to ride with them.

Just my $.02 from a Dale noob.

jesshamner

#15 Post by jesshamner »

St. Joe looks pretty cool. Does any one know about Wolf Pen Gap? Happyboy?

speedracer

#16 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Oct 8 2007, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

chadwick www.fs.fed.us/r9/marktwain/ www.mostateparks.com/stjoe.htm

jesshamner

#17 Post by jesshamner »

Well, I guess I'm going to make a list of possible spots in the southern states in my first post. We'll narrow it down and then probably do a poll.

kdeal

#18 Post by kdeal »

What about Durhamtown in Georgia?

http://www.durhamtown.com/

(Check out the ATV section)

jesshamner

#19 Post by jesshamner »

Ken, that place looks great! Lots of trails and MX tracks. It seems to be a little pricey but I'd pay it for a weekend.

wright

#20 Post by wright »

yes that place looks a little like PA, lots of fun and maybe we could get some type of group rate?