Dale Vs Predator

jesshamner

#11 Post by jesshamner »

Since we'ere on the topic of racing a buddy I thought I would mention this...

Last weekend a couple buddies and I were riding at a local spot. When we were done we decided to go out in the field and do some drag racing and wheelies just to kill a little more time. My friend on the 450r wanted to see what the Cannondale really had. I started in 2nd gear and jumped out in front and continually pulled away until he shut down. I even missed 3rd gear 3 times. I'm not a drag racer and its time for a tranny oil change. So we raced a few more times and I bet him every time. No matter how horrible I did at the start I always ran him down and killed him. One time I just toyed with him. I look over and he has his head down and crouched over giving it everything it has and powershifting. I just eased off the throttle and fell back beside him. I gave him a smile for a couple seconds like he was finally giving me a challenge. Then I nailed it and left him like he was standing still.

He said he was having some jetting issues. I believe him. It wasn't running like it should but that 450r was way too easy to beat.

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

Guys the word is finally getting out about what you can do to these Dales.Yes other makes can be modded also to go much faster but $for$ ours are very hard to beat.Speed1B and Timbo are really cleaning up this year at drags.Hang on to them.

Nickc711

#13 Post by Nickc711 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Oct 30 2007, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys the word is finally getting out about what you can do to these Dales.Yes other makes can be modded also to go much faster but $for$ ours are very hard to beat.Speed1B and Timbo are really cleaning up this year at drags.Hang on to them.

thats a bad thing...now everybody will want one...but i guess there is only so many tongue.gif

Nickc711

#14 Post by Nickc711 »

QUOTE (Nickc711 @ Oct 30 2007, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thats a bad thing...now everybody will want one...but i guess there are only so many tongue.gif

NRath

#15 Post by NRath »

I keep checking back looking for the Predator kill story...

At least Jess had a little entertainment for us. I do have to stand up and say I got spanked by a YFZ a long time ago. It had a UM airbox, baffle out, and cam mod. Not really spanked, but I couldn't beat him. And this was one of those guys you want to beat more than anyone. Oh well.

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Want a Predator Kill story ask Iceracer.He had one for one ride brand new.Wistech and my Cannondales had no problem with it.Plus he couldnt keep up on the trails.I believe the shock was defective.Dangerously so.Maybe thats how they are though.For a big motor it had no power till top endAnyway he tried selling it with no success then a bit later it mysteriously fell off the trailer and smacked a tree totalled!Luckily it was insured.Other than that one have run many Predators both old and new 525 never been a real challenge.

jesshamner

#17 Post by jesshamner »

Yeah I think their gearing was a little off for the 500 motor. I'm not sure about the 525 model. Man, its a good thing he had insurance. LOL.