Shipping engine.... (in a cooler)?

kdeal

#11 Post by kdeal »

Be careful with the height when placing items above and below the motor it's a tight fit up and down! But the motor will tear into the liner.

desertbound

#12 Post by desertbound »

I know this is a old topic, but in the interest of adding good info to the site, I thought I'd pass along some pics. After speaking with people about what cooler to use I thought I would post pics of the cooler to use. As of today the cooler was $25 and some change at my local wal-mart. I'm shipping a yfz motor out tomorrow. If you want, I'll take more pics of it packed in the cooler.

This is the size and model I bought.
[attachment=6296:DSCN2340.JPG]

As you can see it is nice and compact. With some blankets the motor should be snug and protected.
[attachment=6297:DSCN2341.JPG]

Your preffered shipping person will love the wheels.
[attachment=6298:DSCN2342.JPG]

Like I said, I'll take some pics of the yfz motor packed in there tomorrow so you can see the snug fit. That is if anyone is interested. It's pretty self explanitory though.

Canniboomer

#13 Post by Canniboomer »

I like that one better than the domed-top versions. That flat-top one is easier to pack tightly all the way to the top. If the peanuts or wadding are not crammed in there and compressed a bit, you can still get some damage. One came in here last week that was peanut-filled and maybe tight to the lower brim, but the hollow domed lid allowed it all to loosen up in transit, and the motor really started bouncing around. Fortunately only the cooler walls were gouged up, and the motor was OK -- but it was a close call, FYI.

Canniboomer

#14 Post by Canniboomer »

..and just for fun rolleyes.gif , and in case you have been in the plywood, fasteners, and construction business for 25 years, you can box them up with some vintage American Black Walnut!

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow! Thats probably a $200 box.

moto440

#16 Post by moto440 »

ohhhhh fancy

Happyboy

#17 Post by Happyboy »

bump