Cannibal rebuild, with pictures

SlOoT

#11 Post by SlOoT »

I got it running. I do need a new battery.

I relocated the air temp sensor in front of the radiator, I was too lazy to make the wires longer and place it near the ECU.

I now have to wait 2 weeks for my K&N filter...

NRath

#12 Post by NRath »

Good to hear it's going. I've got 2 in pieces and it seems like I may never get 'em back together.

Just curious, why'd you go with the side taps on the gas tank?

kdeal

#13 Post by kdeal »

That looks like Caniboomer's fuel tank quick disconnect mod. He plugs the original outlets and runs everything from the upper sides of the tank. I have seen several advantages to this. First is the fuel seems to keep cooler with this mod, second it completely eliminates the OEM quick disconnects and replaces them with similar disconnects that flow way more fuel. The originals when gutted have a 1/8" opening, the replacements are a full 1/4" thru the fitting. Another reason he mounts the lines so high is that his kit does not have any petcock type device. They are just disconnects and do not block the flow of fuel when unplugged. The biggest advantage I have found is no more fuel pump noise. This kit is so free flowing that you never hear your fuel pump again, this has to make the pump last longer.

svahle

#14 Post by svahle »

Also, with this set up the quick disconnects are on the outside of the frame and are much easier to access.

Nickc711

#15 Post by Nickc711 »

what is the brown stuff smeared around the head of the swingarm bolt? grease??if it is i would probably get rid of it..dirt trap

SlOoT

#16 Post by SlOoT »

The brown stuff is indeed grease, I will clean it tongue.gif

What you see on the gas tank is indeed the mod from Canniboomer. When I first started it I could realy hear the fuel pump, a few moments later it become less. Now you almost can't hear it when turning the ingnition on.

I installed the stock airbox for the moment, my K&N + outerwear will arrive in 2 weeks.

Will post some pics later.

SlOoT

#17 Post by SlOoT »

SlOoT

#18 Post by SlOoT »

SlOoT

#19 Post by SlOoT »

I did another test drive today, with the K&N airfilter on it.

All I can say is that this thing is NUTS laugh.gif

I have a hard time keeping the front wheels on the ground.

kdeal

#20 Post by kdeal »

How does the power compare to the KTM motored Dale you have? What about the handling?