Can I Vent For A Minute!!!!

jschner

#11 Post by jschner »

man that bites! :mad: What a bunch of BS. I'd write a letter to the police chief then something for the local newspaper. Don't forget to ad the date of the local airing of the tv-show.

Also, it sounds like if you had insurance you might be in jail so you might as well cancel it and get a portion of that money back.

jcv440

#12 Post by jcv440 »

That just outright sucks! You can also file charges against the guy who stole it, and recover your money that way. I'd have one heck of a story for the TV producers. That should make the police chief real happy! biggrin.gif

jamiesel

#13 Post by jamiesel »

City police?

Mayors office. Tell them you work for such and such. Come acros like a business person with influence. I think you will get satisfaction through their. I wished you would have posted this before you paid anything. Mayors office would have likely cut through for you.

LapTraffic

#14 Post by LapTraffic »

Approach is everything in stuff like this.

Always better to do so in person, dressed decently (slacks and a shirt... teeth brushed etc)

Keep the conversation as "I'm really shocked at this treatment, I've never experienced anything like this from our government offices"

Rather than "Im so f%&^#ing Mad right now, this had better never happen again or Im gonna kick some serious A$$!!"

They'll almost always work with you on the first example, and almost never work with you on the second.

Derno24

#15 Post by Derno24 »

I have had better treatment since it was returned. I was told by the detective they picked the guy up and he will be in jail awaiting bail as of today. Spoke to a lawyer he stated I can only go after the guy they caught for the storage, court fees, and tow not the damage to the truck or trailer. He stated unless the guy confesses to stealing it or claiming I gave it to him. Right now he is being held for recieving stolen property.

Mayors office in Philly is a joke. I spoke to them a couple months ago for something else and got nothing. This city needs a major overhaul. Too many fat cats around. People getting paid to do nothing.

I went in originally in slacks and a button up shirt and that was how they treated me. I don't think a tie would have helped too much more. I even said please and thank you for everything throughout this. As much as I wanted to pop someone over this.

Thanks for all the input this makes me feel better everyday knowing there are fellow dalers out there on your side.

cdaledave89

Insurance.....

#16 Post by cdaledave89 »

FIrst off, let me say - that really sucks man! Secondly, I'm glad you got it back. However, insurance IS required in PA. As of last year, you must carry liability insurance for your quad. I was surprised when I got stopped by a local "hillbilly" police ossifer that he asked for my insurance card in addition to my registration.

Knight440

Re: Insurance.....

#17 Post by Knight440 »

Originally posted by cdaledave89
FIrst off, let me say - that really sucks man!  Secondly, I'm glad you got it back.  However, insurance IS required in PA.  As of last year, you must carry liability insurance for your quad.  I was surprised when I got stopped by a local "hillbilly" police ossifer that he asked for my insurance card in addition to my registration.

:eek: with that much ya think it would be legal to ride on the roads:rolleyes:

Derno24

#18 Post by Derno24 »

I would agree, but in PA state Law it is not required unless you are using it on public land. I am not doing this. It is strictly used in district 6 harescrambles which are raced on private land. If you ride your machine on the street or you are riding in questionable areas or even on state funded lands you do have to carry liability. Also check with an insurance company if you can even insure a quad, even for liability, if you race it. Sorry I don't wan't to sound mean here.

dawzie

#19 Post by dawzie »

In N.Y. if you take a ATV or snowmobile off your property you must, no, supposed to have it insured AND registered. Even at the races. If the law enforcement really wanted to get pickie, they could create havic at a track.

Derno24

#20 Post by Derno24 »

Technically they can't unless the owner of the track makes a point of it. Private land is still private. Unless they have a warrant they can't do jack....At least in PA.