Power Commander Group Buy

cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

Check out thier site. All software is free. So any updates and such are free and no stupid 50 digit serial codes or expiration dates.

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommand...nformation.aspx

mydreamride

#12 Post by mydreamride »

You can put me down for one. Where to send the $?

peterock

#13 Post by peterock »

QUOTE (mydreamride @ Jul 22 2008, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can put me down for one. Where to send the $?

I will be collecting the money once we have enough interest.

joedirt

#14 Post by joedirt »

Do they work with the 500 computer?

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

Hasn't been done yet but I will go out on a limb and say yes it will work for 500ecu. No reason it shouldn't.

speedracer

#16 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (peterock @ Jul 22 2008, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will be collecting the money once we have enough interest.

I'm afraid of the d&m, so I'll get one of these, put me down for one.

MyCannibal

#17 Post by MyCannibal »

afraid of the D&M?...D&M and Power Commander are two different things...

thedeatons

#18 Post by thedeatons »

I think he is saying that since he is afraid of the way the D&M kit works, he will buy a Power Commander instead.

Really no reason to be afraid of the D&M kit, it is just a software platform that needs to be learned. The tunability is 100% using the original Optimum software, just like the factory superbike teams use. It's a lot to digest, but once you get it you will certainly be wiser in regards to EFI and engine management in general.

The Power Commander will make it easier for the majority of casual tuners, but remember there are limitations. The D&M/ProCal will allow you to tune for more hp and different powerband hits by allowing timing table adjustments. It simply depends on your level of commitment to tunability and hp.

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

I am betting with a Power Commander I will have a much better powercurve than ever before. Timing or not. No way to compare with live under load tuning especially for the lowend. As for timing. I know on the Raptor you can adjust that also with a PowerCommander add on. Deatons do you honestly believe a factory race team adjust like we do? Have you ever seen the map you can manually adjust on PC? It is exactly the same as D&M. If anyone is wondering what it looks like here is the one on my Raptor. You would not believe how well this thing runs. Especially at partial throttle. No miss perfectly smooth even in 1st gear idleing along.
[attachment=6762:PowerCom..._Medium_.jpg]

jesshamner

#20 Post by jesshamner »

You will have to pic a map and stick with it though right? Since the tuning will be for that specific map (timing) that is installed on the ECU. What happens when I want to go from the X440/speed map back to a blaze map? Disconnect the PC?