I'm finally gonna get a job, need some tips.

CowsBitePeople

#11 Post by CowsBitePeople »

The reason to work there put you wanna save money for collage ohmy.gif

Jaybr

#12 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by Ryanstones
jayBR i was Working 40 hours a week at long john silvers, when i shoulda been concentrating on getting the scholarship i needed! biggrin.gif
I worked through high school at a Nautilus gym as an instructor, loved working the women on some of those machines biggrin.gif

(yea like Br works, lololol) wink.gifbiggrin.gif [/B]

You've been listening to your brother too much. I work, and can show you a paystub to prove it tongue.gif

Actually, my current plan involves the wife going back to teaching next fall while I go off for 6 months intensive training and 6 months racing. NO Chit! and she's on board! biggrin.gif [/B]
That would be cool!! Mine just went from part time nursing to full time nurse manager, but with my lifestyle I gotta keep working :mad:

Ryanstones

AAAAAHHHHH it's good to be the JayBr!

#13 Post by Ryanstones »

I could do with a little of your lifestyle there Jay!! biggrin.gif You've earned it man smile.gif

JCV: You best stay away from my woman now! She's been 'retired' for 5 years now and claims to be willing to go back while i go to school and go RACIN! Plus she's a great cook and you could eat off any surface in our house ohmy.gif
And no, i don't have any naked pics, perv! j/k

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

I've got eight married years and two kids.I gave up looking for a rich one and got a understanding one.Not as much as Ryanstones wife but not too bad.Jaybr had a good highschool job I bet he met all kinds of good contacts at the gym.Another good point is that these days it isnt a bad idea to keep looking for a better job and not be afraid to move on.It used to be a bad thing but nowadays if the pay and benifits arent there you gotta move on.

Psychosis

Re: don't do it!!!!

#15 Post by Psychosis »

Originally posted by Ryanstones
You've made it this far without a job, don't start now 'cause you'll never be free again. Avoid the job at all costs, for as long as possible. Make a deal with the folks, whatever it takes.
You'll thank me later!

That sure makes me happy. I start next week at my uncle's farm or whatever you want to call it. $500 a week which isn't bad for me considering it's only like 4-6 hours a day and 3-4 days a week.

Jaybr

#16 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Another good point is that these days it isnt a bad idea to keep looking for a better job and not be afraid to move on.It used to be a bad thing but nowadays if the pay and benifits arent there you gotta move on.

You got that right. I never stayed anywhere more than 2 years for the first ten of my career. Kept getting better offers, and lots of great experience until I landed where I am today. Been with the current company almost 7 years and will probably retire here.

BTW - 2 kids and been married 18 years and mine's pretty understanding too.

fyrmedic

#17 Post by fyrmedic »

apply at the fire depts., we work 10 shifts a month, get pretty good pay, and a lot of time to play!!! especially during the mid week when nobody is out screwing up your jumps!!biggrin.gif