rode a yzf 450

Sandstorm

#11 Post by Sandstorm »

My brothers YFZ is in. He was bitchin about the price. I said you always got have new and your never ever happy w/ anything. Sold his Speed to by the YFZ. Saint Anthonys over the 4th and I don't plan on losing in any category.. He will pull the guts out of the silencer and uncork it to let it beathe and rejet. I will ride it on Monday or Tuesday if he lets me.. He better let me!!!!!!!!

justfine

hey....

#12 Post by justfine »

psychosis, how old are you?

Psychosis

#13 Post by Psychosis »

Hard to believe, but 15. I've already put enough damage to my right knee to make it unpleasant at times and luckily haven't had to have surgery on it yet. Family trait though, my dad's had several surgery's already as well.

justfine

Take it easy killer......

#14 Post by justfine »

Your parents might need to put one of those electric dog collars on you that shock you if you try and leave the house..........just kiddin....biggrin.gif Serious though, take it easy on yourself. Where are you in Illinois? I am in Galesburg. We should ride or race together sometime............

Psychosis

#15 Post by Psychosis »

I'm down outside of Marion in southeastern portion of the state.

quad_freak14

#16 Post by quad_freak14 »

Wow! I'm in Illinois too you guys! I'm from Lovington...it is about 20 minutes south of Decatur!

Ever ride at Taylorville....not the nicest track but I'm right by it....im there mostl;y every Monday to Practice....if I'm not there then i'm at Casey prolly

quad_freak14

Re: Re: Don't believe the hype.....

#17 Post by quad_freak14 »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Psychosis
[B] I finally got one and will never go back to another quad except my workhorse, the Foreman which I use for work a lot. There's just no real comparison to other sport quads. I'll either ride it until it can't go anymore or most likely, I can't

I hear ya..Most likley i will build a custom crf quad for my next!

I have never kept a quad for longer than about 1year and 3 months....i have a feeling my dale will be here a while:D I love it

dawzie

#18 Post by dawzie »

In comparing the YFZ to a Dale I'll let you know in a couple of weeks. We are MX racing a Walsh prepared Dale now (his old one) and on Sunday he (Walsh) took our YFZ home with him to make +3 a-arms, a steering stem and clamp and a swing arm. He said the swing arm will be a "R" set up. We are also getting ZPS shocks for it and carbon fiber wheels with Razr tires. AC is suppling the nerf's and bumbers. I forget where the pipe is coming from but one is coming. Air box lid off and a jet kit, we shall see.

We love the Dale, our YZF426 is being sold and we plan on running the YFZ in production class at the Nationals. I hope it will be ready for Southwick.

danyeo

#19 Post by danyeo »

Hey Dawzie and Sandstorm. Please post your comparison on the YFZ and Dales when you can, i can't wait to see how it stacks up against the mighty frog!

justfine

Illinois dudes......

#20 Post by justfine »

We need an Illinois ride........