Cannondale vs. Suzuki LTR

jesshamner

#11 Post by jesshamner »

Switching machines and racing again is always a good test for the machine and eliminates rider error.

MX Quad Dad

#12 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Nov 23 2008, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Switching machines and racing again is always a good test for the machine and eliminates rider error.

maybe doing it 27's way. some people just adapt well to switching and others don't.

67z400

#13 Post by 67z400 »

About a 6 months ago at a local rididng park I was ridding with a new LTR. This bike had a cherry bomb and removed baffle. My bike was bone stock except for 460 piston and a very mild port polish job done by the previous owner. We were both ridding in sand and I had paddle tires against his stock tires. It was no contest I would beat him every time. My paddle tires helped a lot,but even when we would race from a 30mph I would pull on him. The LTR is a awesome bike, but it is no cannondale killer.

thedeatons

#14 Post by thedeatons »

Make sure you get rid of the airbox and install a pod filter first, that helps tremendously. Contact Canniboomer for the "Boomer air filter setup". I believe that mod alone made +4.5hp on the dyno.

CdalerGermany

#15 Post by CdalerGermany »

@thedeatons:

I haven????t mentioned it , but i already have the boomer airfilter setup , crankcase vent kit , re-routed oil and fuel lines .
Others than that it????s still a stock cannibal .
I????m still looking for some other maps &#

SlOoT

#16 Post by SlOoT »

I port my heads myself, I am now working on one with a 46mm intake. But it needs some more work before it is done.

I have rebuild a Blaze few months ago for a customer, it had a fmf exhaust, Canniboomer intake, cams timed at 106 intake, 108 exhaust, man that thing was insane.

@CdalerGermany:

I recommend getting a nice pipe (fmf) and then install something like a Moto map.

CdalerGermany

#17 Post by CdalerGermany »

@SIOoT :

i do have a fmf TC4 - 400 , the stock one ( the round exhaust ) .
Do you have a buisness or do you just do these jobs private ??

Might be worth to send my parts to you if you are able to do port jobs and cam timing ?? <

SlOoT

#18 Post by SlOoT »

Yes, the stock exhaust on the Cannibal is also made by fmf if I am not mistaken. I mean the fmf pipe from the Moto/Blaze.

I have a buisness and work on Cannondales for customers. I can check the camshaft timing and do a nice port job. However if you do a port-job the atv has to go to a dyno to make a good map.

I have never put a Cannondale on a dyno or made a custom map. However I do want to do that when I have my engine ready with the experimental ported head. There is a dyno 15 minutes from here.

The engine wich is now in my Cannibal has a mildly ported head, and I just use one of the maps I got from Canniboomer (made by Easy E?). It also has a pod filter and a toaster exhaust, runs very well, very fast. This winter I will install my custom exhaust system (fmf ti replica).

And during next season I will put my experimental engine together.

wistech

#19 Post by wistech »

Last year Honda92 ran practice on an ice circle track with his stock 400ex against 2 ltr450's with the cherry bombs. They could barely pull him in the straights and he was all over them in the corners. It was sad.

Honda92

#20 Post by Honda92 »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Nov 24 2008, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last year Honda92 ran practice on an ice circle track with his stock 400ex against 2 ltr450's with the cherry bombs. They could barely pull him in the straights and he was all over them in the corners. It was sad.

that one guy with the shortened swingarm could ride d amn good too in the tight stuff, i was expecting to get walked all over by those guys.