I've just been raped!!!!!!!

UpsMan

#11 Post by UpsMan »

At least the southern half.

UpsMan

#12 Post by UpsMan »

What kind of fines were added on anyway? Fines for what? If you buy a car there, do you have to pay the previous owners parking tickets or speeding tickets? That is flat out retarded. I don't mean mentally challenged, I mean RETARDED.

m_mcgranahan

#13 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

Man what a rip off!!! Hate to make this political, but the more the government tries to "do for people," the more they must take away from us.

God bless...

Mark

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Nov 27 2008, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What kind of fines were added on anyway? Fines for what? If you buy a car there, do you have to pay the previous owners parking tickets or speeding tickets? That is flat out retarded. I don't mean mentally challenged, I mean RETARDED.

UpsMan

#14 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (m_mcgranahan @ Nov 27 2008, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Man what a rip off!!! Hate to make this political, but the more the government tries to "do for people," the more they must take away from us.

God bless...

Mark

So true.

desertbound

#15 Post by desertbound »

Yes I have a quad that put out close to 60hp. Well it did. There is now a loud knock from the bottom end. I have some pics before it started knocking on saturday night. Pretty fast. Just couldn't hold together I guess. Didn't lose any power, no smoke, just noise. So I guess I'm gonna take it apart and hope for the best. Maybe just main bearings? Which were replaced 5 hours ago???

I started to notice more engine noise as I was putting out to the dunes on our night ride. I stopped and listened. Turned around to head back to camp, which was 300 yards or so away. Kinda sounded like when valves are out of adjustement. Happened just all of a sudden. So I'm putting back in second gear and the noise goes away. At this point I thought I was just imagining things because I was paranoid all weekend.

I check all the fluids to make sure and everything is good, and they all check out. I take off and the noise is gone. ride to the hill, to meet up with my camp. Same power, running fine. Sit there for a half hour or so at a camp fire and then start up the bike to leave. Loud knock in the low end is there. So I got towed back. I'm puzzled, but it sounds to me like main bearings or the crank. I guess I'll see.

On a good note, nothing in our camp came even close on the hill. Didn't run but a few times, but it was a joke. They all got smoked. Pretty darn good duner too.

[attachment=7611:tday3.jpg]

[attachment=7612:tday2.jpg]

[attachment=7613:tday4.jpg]

[attachment=7614:tday6.jpg]

[attachment=7615:tday7.jpg]

[attachment=7616:tday8.jpg]

[attachment=7617:tday5.jpg]

there you go. Dirty pics. Ha ha ha

claas900

#16 Post by claas900 »

You might pull the clutch cover and see what you see. Also make sure you have oil pumping in the frame.

mydreamride

#17 Post by mydreamride »

To see if it's a main bearing, pull the clutch and stator cover off, then take a screw driver and gently pry at both ends of the crank to see if there is any play. hope this helps

Edit also check your oil filter, if there are small steel shrapnel in the filter it's very likey to be a bad main bearing. It looks like an absolute blast.

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

Is the crank big end bearing Z400'ed?That sucks.What hill is that your pics are taken at?

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

Other things not mentioned:

Loose stator
Flywheel cracked
Broken clutchplate tabs
Chain slop(Has fooled me more than once)
Some of the Blue Bolts in back of clutch hub can hit the hub according to Timbo

thedeatons

#20 Post by thedeatons »

I'm going with chain slop in combination with first ride paranoia... LOL smile.gifsmile.gif

"good duner".... Wait until you get a Moto front end or at least a pair of Blaze shocks. Your world will be transformed! (If you jump at all on the dunes go with the Moto front end. We have done 90'+ dune jumps with no bottoming out assuming they are set up properly)