Caught the Cannibal on fire yesterday.

jinx44

#11 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Dec 31 2008, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jinx,
you may want to concider changing your name laugh.gif

True. laugh.gif

For anyone curious of how this nickname came about:

Several years ago I was building a TT banshee. I stopped at a local dealer to look at a banshee they had there for a trail bike to replace the one I was building to race. A guy was in the back kicking his TT race banshee over many, many times and it wouldn't start. I looked over at him and said, "the CDI box is out". Anyone that has rode banshees knows that you can ride it one day, and the next day it may not start because the CDI box suddenly went bad. I have seen it happen a few times. Anyway, he said, "It can't be. I just rode it yesterday. It has to be the plugs."

Well, about 2 weeks later I was at a bar in town, and that guy walked up and said, "YOU JINXED ME!!!" I had a puzzled look and he explained that it was him trying to start his bike, and it did in fact end up being the CDI box.

I started racing a couple weeks after that and he raced the same class as me. He started calling me Jinx, and the name stuck so I started using it as a login name as well. Everyone I raced with called me Jinx, and now that its used as a login name as well, anyone I met racing or on the internet knows me by that name.

I have had nicknames my entire life. The only time I was called by my real name was when I was in trouble with my parents or a teacher. So hearing someone say my real name now kind of scares me. LOL

jinx44

#12 Post by jinx44 »

So I swapped the harness and key switch, which was all burnt badly. The bike will crank over now, but I need to get a new air filter and plug and see if it will start.

claas900

#13 Post by claas900 »

I almost don't even want to write in on your post for fear of you rubbing off on me. tongue.gif

jinx44

#14 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (claas900 @ Jan 5 2009, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I almost don't even want to write in on your post for fear of you rubbing off on me. tongue.gif

LOL. If I told you all the things that have been going wrong for me lately, you definetly would steer clear.

I have even had a vehicle stolen last month. '99 explorer with higher mileage, so I didn't carry full coverage on it. They blew a tire and continued driving until the wheel was ate down to the point the rotor was on the pavement. When the tire blew, it took out the quarter panel. Due to the extreme strain on the drivetrain from having a VERY small diameter "wheel" on an AWD vehicle, the trans overheated and shelled the direct drum. Then engine also overheated and is now knocking.

claas900

#15 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (jinx44 @ Jan 6 2009, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL. If I told you all the things that have been going wrong for me lately, you definetly would steer clear.

I have even had a vehicle stolen last month. '99 explorer with higher mileage, so I didn't carry full coverage on it. They blew a tire and continued driving until the wheel was ate down to the point the rotor was on the pavement. When the tire blew, it took out the quarter panel. Due to the extreme strain on the drivetrain from having a VERY small diameter "wheel" on an AWD vehicle, the trans overheated and shelled the direct drum. Then engine also overheated and is now knocking.

Umm maybe you should get out of Dales and stick with 400ex's. And just send that turbo my way. t/y. wink.gif

jinx44

#16 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (claas900 @ Jan 6 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Umm maybe you should get out of Dales and stick with 400ex's. And just send that turbo my way. t/y. wink.gif

I picked up a banshee this weekend (15th one I have owned). I couldn't pass up the deal, and I know those bikes in and out.

As for the turbo, its all fabbed, waiting the motor build on the FX. The way its looking, I will just try it on the Cannibal first (or ship it to you to try. tongue.gif ). I just need to finish the oil lines and find some injectors. I ended up not using a muffler for now. The downpipe is just dumped right out of the exhaust housing. Depending on how loud it is, I may just leave it that way.

claas900

#17 Post by claas900 »

Hmm, I'm going to need to see some pics to verify that you really do have the tuebo fabbed up. LOL. And you got another SHee hhuu well I'm sure somehow we can see past that. LOL

jinx44

#18 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (claas900 @ Jan 7 2009, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, I'm going to need to see some pics to verify that you really do have the tuebo fabbed up. LOL. And you got another SHee hhuu well I'm sure somehow we can see past that. LOL

Piping is out for coating. Pictures will be posted as soon as it gets back.