the build of Hope

kdeal

#11 Post by kdeal »

It makes fror a good picture. I actually measured the ID and it is as big or bigger then the bored out throttle body I use. So if I can scrounge the parts I may take a stab at it!

2000ex

#12 Post by 2000ex »

Is that the TB and velocity stack from the prototype bike? It looks very similar from the early pictures. Is that a 505 killer or what?

kdeal

#13 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (2000ex @ Mar 27 2009, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is that the TB and velocity stack from the prototype bike? It looks very similar from the early pictures. Is that a 505 killer or what?

It's a hair smaller, but should be able to keep up. This motor wil be done in stages. I want to see where each stage takes me. I now have a local guy with a dyno, so you know where my money will be going....

As for the stack, yeah it's a proto piece from way back. I think it was made to test the motor before an air box was made for the ATV.

thedeatons

#14 Post by thedeatons »

You know, sportbikes use a variable length velocity stack connected to a servo that is actuated by engine rpms. It would be easy enough to make one up that is manually actuated while on the dyno, so you could see what length helps where....

The sportbikes use the long length for low end/midrange, then shorten the length with servos for top end...

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

They use a flapper to route the air differently in most. Mostly to take advantage of the ramair effect at higher speeds. They also have a injector upstream. That is going to be tried real soon here.

thedeatons

#16 Post by thedeatons »

Never seen a flapper in the airbox, but I have seen moving velocity stack ends that move with servo activiation.

claas900

#17 Post by claas900 »

Here's some more pics. Right now I pretty much have the bike complete. Rode it around for a wile yesterday. I'll try to get some more pics of it in the next few days.

TricityCdale

#18 Post by TricityCdale »

QUOTE (claas900 @ Apr 20 2009, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's some more pics. Right now I pretty much have the bike complete. Rode it around for a wile yesterday. I'll try to get some more pics of it in the next few days.

Wow! That looks awesome! Great job. What color plastics, I assume black? That's probably one of the best looking Dale's I've seen, and I look at mine everyday! Hahaha. tongue.gif

2mike18

#19 Post by 2mike18 »

its the great pumpkin charlie brown!!!!!! j/k it looks great almost too pretty to ride.

claas900

#20 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (TricityCdale @ Apr 20 2009, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow! That looks awesome! Great job. What color plastics, I assume black? That's probably one of the best looking Dale's I've seen, and I look at mine everyday! Hahaha. tongue.gif

Thanks guys. The only plastic I have is a used sliver set so that's whats going to go on her. I'll try to get some more pics up in the next few days.