Fillin the trailer- what'll it haul?

NRath

#11 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Jul 22 2009, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you use the pull your trailer?Too much for a V-8 half ton with tow package? unsure.gif

Guess I wasn't clear. The tow is a Toyota Sequoia- V8 1/2 ton w/tow package. So, no bed to play with. It tows like a champ, I just wouldn't strap a 28' toyhauler to the back of it and expect it to run problem free for 200k. I'm sure it would haul it, but I'd consider that a little excessive for it. The 16 or 18' trailers- no problem. I've hauled a 16' enclosed several times before and it's no problem, pulls it great. It's tow rating is a little weak though at 6500 lbs. I think the Haulmark is listed at 2800 empty.

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

I hauled 3 in a 6x12 but all the wheels had to be removed they fit in sideways.So you need 12ft to fit them sideways.Maybe with just removing the one tall cabinet on side you could fit 4.

speedracer

#13 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (NRath @ Jul 22 2009, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guess I wasn't clear. The tow is a Toyota Sequoia- V8 1/2 ton w/tow package. So, no bed to play with. It tows like a champ, I just wouldn't strap a 28' toyhauler to the back of it and expect it to run problem free for 200k. I'm sure it would haul it, but I'd consider that a little excessive for it. The 16 or 18' trailers- no problem. I've hauled a 16' enclosed several times before and it's no problem, pulls it great. It's tow rating is a little weak though at 6500 lbs. I think the Haulmark is listed at 2800 empty.
Sorry NRath,I was asking Happyboy what vehicle he used to tow his for-sale trailer.

Happyboy

#14 Post by Happyboy »

I just use my 1500 chevy v8. Its a V nose and pulls great. Chevy sucks the gas though.

NRath

#15 Post by NRath »

27, I'm talking about standing them all up on the grab bar. I'm thinking I won't have to take any of the wheels off. My thought at this point is that I can pull the front end down with a couple straps, stand 'em up, then put a spacer under the grab bar to tilt the the top/handlebars toward the trailer sidewalls to leave enough room for the next one. It's creative, whether or not it'll work remains to be seen...

And I've been thinking of ways to use the "V" to stack tires on and lock 'em up. Not sure if there's enough room behind the electric jack.

Happyboy

#16 Post by Happyboy »

Niel, thats what we did but had tire side out. There was 0 room for anything else in there when they were in place. I would really try to just undo a shock bolt rather than strap. Strapping down the suspension isn't good for the suspension not to mention if a strap comes undone.

jesshamner

#17 Post by jesshamner »

Yeah I have strapped down the suspension on a blaster just to fit it into storage. It wasn't something that I wanted to keep doing or leave for any amount of time. Some wheel dollies will make things easier if you decide to go that route.

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

If its only 7ft wide you wont gain enough room to make standing them up worth it since two wont fit side by side even standing up.

jesshamner

#19 Post by jesshamner »

If it is indeed 7 ft wide, then like I said, you should be able to get 2 full size quads in there easy with room left over. Enough should be left over that you can fit the minis in there.

NRath

#20 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Jul 23 2009, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it is indeed 7 ft wide, then like I said, you should be able to get 2 full size quads in there easy with room left over. Enough should be left over that you can fit the minis in there.

Well, I'd agree it would be easy to get 2 in sideways, but that would fill the length up and leave about 18" or so in front of the 2. There's no way I'd be able to get the minis in.

But, I stood up the 'dale tonight, and I think I was at about 50". So, at Happy's suggestion, I pulled a bolt out of a front shock to collapse the front end. Strapping the front end down to collapse it would be too much, since it's got to go all the way down. That'll get me down to about 40". If the trailer is 7' (84") inside, I can stand up 2 x 2 and get 4 full size in their with 4" to spare on the width and a bit more on the length. I bet that'll be a tight squeeze getting them in place. I'm going to pull the Kawazuki up and see if it'll get about the same size. Lot's of if's in the situation. I'm headed to look at the Haulmark on Sunday, so guess I'll see then. Sure would be nice if it was a little over 7' on the inside! I'll have to come up with something slippery to slide the quads on- I don't think there's enough height to use some dollies. I figure a piece of carpet will probably work pretty well.