Good bye cannondaleriders hello DS450HQ

ozarkdaler

#11 Post by ozarkdaler »

He was unaware of the Racer Support Program. I don't think I'll get one. I already have a quad that doesn't have any dealer support. I don't need two of them.
[/quote]

ROFL That would suck to have 2 like that.

Happyboy

#12 Post by Happyboy »

other crappy part would be paying full retail for stuff! that would be insanely expensive!

sillysspeed

#13 Post by sillysspeed »

that sucks you have a suckey Can Am dealer - my dealer in wilmington de is great!! Talked to him a few weeks ago and he had a handful of 09"s left and was looking to deal them cheap!!!

UpsMan

#14 Post by UpsMan »

The dealer I was at has always been great with Honda and Suzuki when I had those. I just don't think they sell enough DS450s to give a crap.

UpsMan

#15 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (sillysspeed @ Aug 9 2009, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that sucks you have a suckey Can Am dealer - my dealer in wilmington de is great!! Talked to him a few weeks ago and he had a handful of 09"s left and was looking to deal them cheap!!!

My wife said she would kick me in the nuts if I bought a can am. I think she is right too. ****** dealers, not many around, the only one at the race on any given day, heck, I already have this covered with the ATK. I see more ktm's at the races than can ams. If honda would come out with a wider 450r, I would be all over it. For now, its going to come down to the Zuk or the Ktm.

comander420

#16 Post by comander420 »

Well I finally got out the DS last tuesday and went ripping around at the Bike Barn in Morrison (where the moose run is held) and to say the least I was impressed. The power was more than pleasing. It is all stock and I could rail out of the burms on the little moto track in 3rd and it just would eat up the track until I let off. The handling is like a butterfly, light and resposive. The power reminded me of my Blaze 450 timbo stroker. People say they don't have much low end but I didn't notice that at all. I can't imagine what it would do with a slip-on, race map, and lid removed. The clutch started to chirp a little at take off like I had heard about so I guess that is the one drawback I have noticed so far. Called the local dealer in the quad cities and they said can-am's service manual says this is normal, called the dealer in NC that I got it from and they said their 3 racers that they sponser all have the same chirping. I've heard people putting in synthetic oil or rotella 15-40 and having the problem go away so I will give that a try after I get a couple tanks of gas through it. Even with the little chirping from the clutch I am happy so far.

dalewannbe

#17 Post by dalewannbe »

QUOTE (comander420 @ Aug 11 2009, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I finally got out the DS last tuesday and went ripping around at the Bike Barn in Morrison (where the moose run is held) and to say the least I was impressed. The power was more than pleasing. It is all stock and I could rail out of the burms on the little moto track in 3rd and it just would eat up the track until I let off. The handling is like a butterfly, light and resposive. The power reminded me of my Blaze 450 timbo stroker. People say they don't have much low end but I didn't notice that at all. I can't imagine what it would do with a slip-on, race map, and lid removed. The clutch started to chirp a little at take off like I had heard about so I guess that is the one drawback I have noticed so far. Called the local dealer in the quad cities and they said can-am's service manual says this is normal, called the dealer in NC that I got it from and they said their 3 racers that they sponser all have the same chirping. I've heard people putting in synthetic oil or rotella 15-40 and having the problem go away so I will give that a try after I get a couple tanks of gas through it. Even with the little chirping from the clutch I am happy so far.

You better give me a buzz, next time your in my backyard!

Gibson265R

#18 Post by Gibson265R »

I also heard that these machines are "loud" like the dales. They also dont use a Hi-Vo timing chain...even my old honda 250X used a Hi-Vo (high volocity). I dont know who thought it was a good idea to use a bicycle chain to keep a engine in time smile.gif...maybe they updated that but I heard they make a special custom Hi-Vo setup for the racers like John Natalie.

comander420

#19 Post by comander420 »

they engine is louder than a honda or yami but not as loud as or that going to explode any minute sound like a dale

ShifT714

#20 Post by ShifT714 »

2 of my buddies have em up here, there nice quads and great on the track just a pain in the *** to work on. better hope u dont break that frame. mellow.gif