speed on ebay

cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

Winky did those stupid mods.Still I would take it apart because Winky did do some cranks for him.Never know until you take it apart.

MX Quad Dad

#12 Post by MX Quad Dad »

If I buy I plan on complete tear down. I would just like to know worst case. I know I talked to winky back when he first came up with his mod. can't remember his bussness name. But I remember him explaning the mod and I was thinking to correct it I would need a new crank plate and crank. several things I don't like about it are the possible mods allready done and the title is ohio and is for a cannible. to me it looks like a mix between the cannible and speed. Any way I may be going up his way in a few days so I may stop in to look at it and make an offer

Would I be able to see winky's mod if I remove the clutch? Anybody have a pic of what I should look for?

gml1998

#13 Post by gml1998 »

QUOTE (MX Quad Dad @ Nov 30 2009, 06:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I buy I plan on complete tear down. I would just like to know worst case. I know I talked to winky back when he first came up with his mod. can't remember his bussness name. But I remember him explaning the mod and I was thinking to correct it I would need a new crank plate and crank. several things I don't like about it are the possible mods allready done and the title is ohio and is for a cannible. to me it looks like a mix between the cannible and speed. Any way I may be going up his way in a few days so I may stop in to look at it and make an offer

Would I be able to see winky's mod if I remove the clutch? Anybody have a pic of what I should look for?

I think his business name was (or is?) Diamond racing.

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

CWR and Winky aka.Diamond Racing are two totally different builders.I dont think CWR ever let Winky do that.No you wouldnt be able to see it till cylinder is out although you could question if there was ballbearings used for mains.No way to see them also unless flywheel and seal removed.Best bet is to use Wistechs advice and offer a extra $100 or two if everything is good.CWR and you could easily remove and completely teardown the motor in under 2 hrs.Make the offer to do just that if refused walk away.

MX Quad Dad

#15 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Thanks for the info.

he is asking way to much for it but, i figure i can make a offer. if vin number doesn't match the title, there won't be an offer.

Happyboy

#16 Post by Happyboy »

Steve, CWR or CMR? Cycle Works Racing is the guy that did the new cams (ouch) while Champion Motorsports Racing are the nice guys that did decent motor work just not with all the updates. I never heard anything bad come from Champion.

2000ex

#17 Post by 2000ex »

That sure looks a lot like the motor Champion was selling a while back for like $2,500 with all the goodies. Same engraving and PC color to the T.

Unfortunately I think that is the one Tim got screwed on

MX Quad Dad

#18 Post by MX Quad Dad »

post #2 shows CMR

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes CMR oops!Dang I forgot all about the CWR massacre of Dales!

kdeal

#20 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (2000ex @ Nov 30 2009, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That sure looks a lot like the motor Champion was selling a while back for like $2,500 with all the goodies. Same engraving and PC color to the T.

Unfortunately I think that is the one Tim got screwed on

I agree! And yes Tim got the shaft on not being paid. If the motor is the same, it has a Z400 crank & CP piston kit.