Ever seen these

raremoto440

#11 Post by raremoto440 »

Well I got it out had a rubber seal so did not hurt it . Was not easy, here are some pic.

CannondaleRider

#12 Post by CannondaleRider »

Buttons are definitely FX400 buttons... I'm running that start button right now actually.

jesshamner

#13 Post by jesshamner »

Ok, so maybe I'm a glass half empty guy but if that tank is the same size as the stock one, some of the capacity is going to be used by that large pump in there. I'm just sayin...I like to be able to ride for a whole day or finish a race without refueling. It is definitely neat though!

2000ex

#14 Post by 2000ex »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Nov 23 2009, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, so maybe I'm a glass half empty guy but if that tank is the same size as the stock one, some of the capacity is going to be used by that large pump in there. I'm just sayin...I like to be able to ride for a whole day or finish a race without refueling. It is definitely neat though!

Correct, but nothing too much. It may displace a cup or two of fuel

jinx44

#15 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (raremoto440 @ Nov 23 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I got it out had a rubber seal so did not hurt it . Was not easy, here are some pic.

That is the same style pump that Fords use. such as in a mustang.

Kuma

#16 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Nov 23 2009, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was thinking the same, it looks to be heavier that what we have now also for those counting every ounce.

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

Honestly there is no need for it. My quad still has original pump on it in stock location. That would make it 9 years old! No issues at all once disconnects were removed. BUT I am all for cleaning up all the hoses and wires we have stock. At least we have a good idea of how to do it now. Heck could even use same process for cutting off top of tank and making a hybrid aluminum/plastic tank for fitting different plastic. Raremoto I really appreciate you taking the time and risk to show us this. Man think of where we would be now if factory kept in business!

jesshamner

#18 Post by jesshamner »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Nov 23 2009, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly there is no need for it. My quad still has original pump on it in stock location. That would make it 9years old! No issues at all once disconnects were removed. BUT I am all for cleaning up all the hoses and wires we have stock. At least we have a good ide of how to do it now. Heck could even use same process for cutting off top of tank and making a hybrid aluminum/plastic tank for fitting different plastic. Raremoto I really appreciate you taking the time and risk to show us this. Man think of where we would be now if factory kept in business!

Man don't bring that up. It is too depressing. Cannondale would be light years ahead of the game by now.

jinx44

#19 Post by jinx44 »

That setup would also make it easy for the factory to add a fuel level sender. Which, by using that large of a top plate, they probably had in mind.

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

Would be neat. I just use other quads as a gauge though since they all run out before me laugh.gif