Turbo??

MX Quad Dad

#11 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (yamadjs08 @ Dec 20 2009, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll have to talk to Dave and see about this oil pump mod haha. I'm sure it would definitely help. But I just thought about it, if the pump has enough pressure to pump the oil through the frame it should have enough for an oil feed line to the turbo.

The scavanger pump pushes the oil thru the frame. I don't know what kind of pressure it puts out and would doubt it if any one has checked. My guess is that there is no relief in that system, so if it gets restricked something is going to break. Maybe possible to put a low pressure (I wouldn't think you would need much pressure for the turbo) relief in the line and run whatever goes over the relief, you could plum it back to the frame.

jinx44

#12 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (MX Quad Dad @ Dec 21 2009, 03:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The scavanger pump pushes the oil thru the frame. I don't know what kind of pressure it puts out and would doubt it if any one has checked. My guess is that there is no relief in that system, so if it gets restricked something is going to break. Maybe possible to put a low pressure (I wouldn't think you would need much pressure for the turbo) relief in the line and run whatever goes over the relief, you could plum it back to the frame.

You don't need much pressure. Just a couple psi is plenty. The setup I made uses the scavenge pump output, then the return went back into the scavenge pump cover. It seemed to work okay for the few seconds I had it running. Now WOT will probably be a completely different senario.

jinx44

#13 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (yamadjs08 @ Dec 20 2009, 07:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would also be ideal to use aluminum piping, strength, heat exchange, cosmetically. But using some sort of hose should be fine for a while with lower boost (starting with 8-10 psi).

Intake pipe would just be similar to IC piping, plenty of room especially since there won't be an airbox anymore.

That is just my rough plan, been thinking about it all day today. I just need input on the injectors, as searching wasn't too clear. Which injectors fit right in our heads? And if the 29 lb/hr would be enough. Also need input on where to tap oil feed/drain, along with water feed/drain. Is our stock oil pump and water pump up the task?

It would also be ideal to lower the compression and beef up internals, but lower compression pistons aren't really available and I'm definitely not going to have one made. I basically just want to push a stock (updated) motor and see the limits. Boosted yfz450's are running 20lbs reliably on all stock motor. Crazy, but if the yfz can do it I'm determined to prove a Cannondale can too!

I am using aluminum tubing. If you need a source for good tubing, clamps, and silicone, let me know.

My original idea using an IC would be to run the pipes through each side where the airbox was. There is plenty of room. I think the E85 route will prove to be a good setup. Several pounds saved, and more simple.

I can get the injectors for you. The harley injectors should flow enough on gas. Keep in mind the fuel pressure on a stock 'dale is high. I plan to run a boost referenced regulator to keep tuning easier, and take some of that pressure out to compensate for these large injectors.

QUOTE (claas900 @ Dec 20 2009, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I keep waiting for that sucker "aka Jinx44" to post some pic's LOL.

I don't want you to laugh at my welds. LOL