Glamis Project

cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

Take some nice pics when done Kdeal. I know a former Dale dealer that wants one for exhibit. Maybe I can sell him yours and make the trip down by you to get it. That would be cool!

jesshamner

#12 Post by jesshamner »

What's up with the gas cap?

UpsMan

#13 Post by UpsMan »

That is probably some top secret hp trick.

MX Quad Dad

#14 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I bet its more for aerodynamics

kdeal

#15 Post by kdeal »

Nope, It's Boomer's shipping cap when he does his tank mod. I am hoping to find a new cap with the new decal on the cap for the premium unleaded gas. If not a new OEM cap will go on it. I just threw a ported throttle body on it last night (that's what I was waiting for), it still needs a new battery and a few cosmetics before she is done. I also haven't applied the decals yet either.

67z400

#16 Post by 67z400 »

Looks good!

On a side note, I bought my cannondale from a board member that lives in las vegas, bulldogz. My low hour machine blew up 5 hours after I purchased it mad.gif I was told over and over again by the owner that right before I purchased it Steve Abbott's shop went through the motor and quad performed maintenance and gave it the a okay. Anyways, I'm not pointing fingers, but this was years ago when I was uneducated and did not know the basics of a Cannondale. I should have known better, buying a completely stock not updated quad was my mistake. Live and learn.

kdeal

#17 Post by kdeal »

That is the reason I did not even start this motor before tearing it down. I saw Winky's autograph on the back of the motor and the injectors were reangled. Needless to say I found a mess on the inside. I put a new ported head on it, threw out the roller crank bearings, tossed the crank (it was shot), and did all of the normal updates. I did keep the Factory stud kit and did some post Cannondale updates as well. The bike is pretty clean and looks to have low hours.

sjstar

#18 Post by sjstar »

hey kdeal where did you get the glamis stickers? Are they exact matches?

sjstar

#19 Post by sjstar »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Jan 30 2010, 03:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Getting closer....

[attachment=9924:Glamis_3.jpg]

Do you got some sand sharks for it?

Dachshund

#20 Post by Dachshund »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Jan 30 2010, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am hoping to find a new cap with the new decal on the cap for the premium unleaded gas. If not a new OEM cap will go on it.

That's a new one too me. Are you saying Cdale made the Premium cap? Don't have a picture of one eh?