Indy Dealer Show

Dachshund

#11 Post by Dachshund »

Yep, I was told 69 "at the wheels". True?????

Happyboy

#12 Post by Happyboy »

Wow, I wish em the best. Those are some lofty goals for sure. As lofty as our deal Cannondale? Hmmm.

jesshamner

#13 Post by jesshamner »

Ok Ken, great details. So these are the OK guys that were in the ATK booth at the dealer show 2 years ago?

Next question. When and how do we get into the open house? smile.gif I drove through Oklahoma with Jaybr and NRath on the way to California. Maybe its time to go ride. Maybe we can get a group ride going too.

2000ex

#14 Post by 2000ex »

Sounds too good to be true. I don't want to be a negative nelly, but 70 hp at the rear wheels on the ATV with a 450cc motor laugh.gif dry.gif

I will believe it when I see it. Lets see what happens

jesshamner

#15 Post by jesshamner »

Who cares if it doesn't have 70hp. If it has 50 hp it will be competitive.

ScramblerXLE

#16 Post by ScramblerXLE »

Lets be real: It WILL NOT have 70 rwhp as a 450. That CANNOT be done. A professional MX rider's 450 only makes around 60-64 and it's not designed to run more than 2 motos and a practice. This machine simply can't do that so they need to stop claiming it because anyone who knows anything about our sport should really know better... NOW THEN: as a 507cc, with a 16:1 piston, yes it could be done. If this is what they mean, this is what they should say. Stop misleading the public and wowing all the people who don't know any better and making me argue with people whenever I go riding lately about that "new quad in dirt wheels this month that's supposed to make 70 HP and weigh 50lbs less than everything"

Sorry for the rant... getting sick of the phone calls and IM's excitedly asking me if I saw the article...

2000ex

#17 Post by 2000ex »

I dont care.

50hp is competitive but we all poke fun at other brands "advertised" hp or ebay ads claiming 100mph top speeds. If they are looking to sell these things in that kind of quantity their target market is racers and people who have been around the block.

We all have seen the thread on ATVriders and what the mass ATV people think. Grossly exaggerated claims wont do anything to help that.

The only thing I would like to see is if they can make some aftermarket copies of what we already have that are no longer produced or easily sourced. That would be something I would be interested in.

Did they mention MSRP?

ScramblerXLE

#18 Post by ScramblerXLE »

2000ex, don't misunderstand me man, I'd be more than happy with 50 from the factory, the only ones that do that at the moment are the KTM's, and if Highland's engine is able to match or best the KTM powerplant I will be amazed and thouroughly impressed! I'm just annoyed with the outlandish claims. If they claimed 52RWHP I'd be excited because it meant that something had come along to topple the KTM, but claiming 70RWHP annoys me because I know that can't be, so now I don't know if it is the next big thing or not...

jesshamner

#19 Post by jesshamner »

The website suggests a "made to order" sales model so how can you put a price on that? However, they should be able to provide a base price and a quote on the fully decked model.

2000ex

#20 Post by 2000ex »

ScramblerXLE I agree with you 100%