Legal question .

wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

I guess Dinli did buy Cannondale bicycle corparation and is now making the bikes in Tiawan.
http://www.kosmix.com/topic/cannondale

jesshamner

#12 Post by jesshamner »

Yeah the once "leading edge" of bicycle manufacturing brand is now side by side with the likes of mongoose, GT, and schwinn. It is sad. All those brands were good quality brands at one point. Now they're just junk that you can buy at Target. But Cannondale bicycles is not owned by Dinli. Dorel bought Cannondale bicycles which doesn't list Dinli as one of their brands.

So where is this powerpoint file?

Dachshund

#13 Post by Dachshund »

More interesting info:

"Back in 2005 we bought Dinli's US distribution assets. They made high-quality youth quads in Taiwan and still do. At the time they were working on this new 450cc Sport Quad that was designed by Cannondale. Dinli purchased all of the Intellectual Property from Cannondale and hired one of Cannondale's top engineers. This is what they designed. It's really fast and built very well. All the parts and welds are very nice."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DINLI-450-S...876588QQptZATVs

HUH?:

"The 660 is the ticking time bomb, and the Dinli450 is the reliable one? That's awful rich, the Dinli started out as the Cannondale FX400, then 440. It made polaris quads of the 90's look reliable."

http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61828

marshall100

#14 Post by marshall100 »

Look familiar?

Dinli/Quadzilla

Quadzilla's are like a staple enrty into quadding in the uk, though there's never been any mention of a link up with the dale in this part of the world.

It's weird.

jesshamner

#15 Post by jesshamner »

The dinli was ugly back when they bought all the intellectual rights, and it never got any better. What is the point of having fenders so high? It doesn't look good and it certainly can't protect the rider. It just looks cheap.

wistech

#16 Post by wistech »

Thats the plastic they put on the indy show cannondale . I always wondered where the plastic came from. We all thought the bizzaro high mounted fenders was just a stupid mistake but I guess they really meant to do that. blink.gif

Ok try this to see the show and report back if it works.
http://www.slideshare.net/davidson11/dealer-recruit

I guess that Dinli dealer in Canada is just making stuff up . Dinli although buying the rights cannot use the Cannondale name which the dealer was doing.

jesshamner

#17 Post by jesshamner »

The slideshow worked. I'm skeptical of some of their claims but its interesting to say the least.

From what I remember, Dinli bought the model names. ie: Cannibal, Speed, Blaze, Moto, Glamis. It looks like Dorel now owns the Cannondale brand name.

marshall100

#18 Post by marshall100 »

There are a number of Dinli 450's still floating about in the UK, but they seem to have pushed the brand to one side in order to push the quadzilla product in a more aggresive manner. I'm certain they are one and the same, I'm just confused that there are no cannondale dinli's in existence?

This is the latest Quadzilla 4x4 released over here which is quite a tidy product on the face of it:

RS8

jesshamner

#19 Post by jesshamner »

I don't remember them doing anything but put their ugly plastic and 4x4 front tires on it.

Kuma

#20 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (marshall100 @ Feb 18 2011, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is the latest Quadzilla 4x4 released over here which is quite a tidy product on the face of it:

RS8

When I think Quadzilla I think Suzuki 500, doesn't suzuki own the rights to that or was this just a well deserved nickname that Denli has hijacked? mad.gif