Another one resurrected

speedfreek

#11 Post by speedfreek »

Well first off, I want to again thank John for bringing this thing back from the dead. I had many people tell me to either sell it, part it out or forget to strap it down while towing it for an insurance claim. Don't think these things didn't cross my mind. wink.gif but i'm a firm believer that the best things in life take some effort: sometimes serious effort. wacko.gif Besides, like many people here I enjoy owning something a little different. It's really great to have the support of people like John to keep this brand alive. laugh.gif This guy and his lovely wife not only opened their home up to a relative stranger but John worked tirelesly for 2 plus days to help me out. I can't help but wonder if this support exist among Jap quad owners. I seriously doubt it. I thought I was relatively safe buying this quad from the former owner of a cannondale dealership but boy was I wrong. There was so much stupid sh*t this guy did ,it was unbelievable. It frustrated both John and myself more than a couple times for sure! This weekend was one of the hardest , yet most rewarding weekends I've experienced. I learned a lot and thanks John for working me so hard I almost fell off your couch from fatique Sat. night. : laugh.gif I'm looking forward to finally getting out and riding this machine and hope to catch up with you on Mi. soil sometime this summer. John's dedication to C'dales is unquestionable and at the risk of sounding sappy,I think I've made a good friend in the process. Sorry if I rambled, but there were things that needed to be said. Bill

jesshamner

#12 Post by jesshamner »

It definitely sounds like you share the passion for these machines that most of us have here. Welcome to the club!

speedracer

#13 Post by speedracer »

Great looking Dale you have,awesome story.

speedracer

#14 Post by speedracer »

Is the axle powder coated?

speedfreek

#15 Post by speedfreek »

Naw, That's good old fashioned rust.

dalewannbe

#16 Post by dalewannbe »

Building a motor with Wistech is a great experience.

wistech

#17 Post by wistech »

Thanks for the comments . I do enjoy meeting people from all over the country and giving them a taste of something different. Really the best part is the smiles when the engine they built themselves fires up for the first time .

Back to Speedfreaks quad there were a few things which almost always go along with these classes. There are always the issues that come with a quad built from someone elses folly. Bills was no exception. He battled early on with a charging issue that was draining the battery . Luckily I found it in short order after examining the stator. The previos owner had surprisingly done the heat shield update on the stator wires. But had forgot to bend the weatherpack lock pins back after removing them from the connector. So 2 of the 3 pins would pull out when the stator was plugged in .
The other issue was the fuel line quick connects. Of course we gutted them and replaced fuel lines with the teflon braided stainless hoses so no more squealing fuel pump. I really have to make up a bunch of those as custom building as needed them takes up precious time we didnt have.

I know Bill also enjoyed the filet mignon as he devoured them and licked the plate . I think my grilling skills have been fine honed as to challange Brad.

wistech

#18 Post by wistech »

And Bill for another surprize I picked up your special order. The guys a Qaulity Surface Processing just hate doing triple coat Cannondale clutch covers . I bought Todd a box of doughnuts for his troubles. He did a great job . Ill ship it out tommorrow.

speedfreek

#19 Post by speedfreek »

John, Thanks for bringing up a couple things I left out of the story. If I went into more detail than I already did I fear people would be falling asleep on their keyboards. ohmy.gif I can't wait to see the PC parts. biggrin.gif I still owe you more money for the PC. so pm a total ,and thanks again for everything.

jesshamner

#20 Post by jesshamner »

Wow! The PC looks good! I can't wait to see a pic of it on and in the quad.