Addictions

1ORMOTO

#11 Post by 1ORMOTO »

How many people do you know that have 7 Honda 400 ex's . I think ya got it bad, Sorry no Known cure.

promod

#12 Post by promod »

I have struggled with my addiction since i was 12 years old after buying my first brand new little Harley-Davidson 90cc motorcycle by throwing a paper route...Still got it today...the bike, the addiction....and just about every other motorcycle i bought since then....i just cant kick the habit!...and to make it worse....there not your normal common brands...i am sick! wacko.gif

speedracer

#13 Post by speedracer »

Promod,post up some pics of your favorite bikes,always have a soft spot for vintage MX bikes.

promod

#14 Post by promod »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Jan 15 2013, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Promod,post up some pics of your favorite bikes,always have a soft spot for vintage MX bikes.

SpeedRacer!, Thats a hard thing to do..with so many its really hard to pic!, but here are a few of them from pics in past i took, some are very rare factory race bikes, prototype bikes and production, as stated before always been into Italian motorcycles (never owned or raced jap bikes and the Cannondale bikes was the first brand not being Italian that caught my eye and love them as much as i still love Italian bikes which i still ride & race current Italian bikes also like Husky's & TM's (not KTM's!) which the first little 90cc Harley i bought when i was 12 years old as mentioned before was made in Italy by Aermacchi which was owned by HD and they produced lightweight bikes from 1961-1978 in various sizes from 50-350cc in street, dual purpose, racing form, 2 and 4 stroke, HD was in hard times by the end of '78 and sold the company in Italy to Cagiva also in Italy who continued making the same bikes HD was offered but re-badged them as Cagiva's, in 1986 Cagiva bought the about defunct Husqvarna plant from Sweden, brought the tooling back to Italy and offered them now with a few updates as they were a hybrid Italian/Swedish mix Husky and also bought out the already dead Ducati italian plant, MV Agusta and CZ, But Cagiva was also producing there own new designed motocross race bikes and won the world 125 & 250 mx championship several times on them in the mid '80's, but Cagiva's name was not going anywhere in the states..even though by then they were the 5th largest bike manufacturer in the world, So in 1990 Cagiva re-badged there own designed off-road bikes and started calling them Husqvarna's as that name has been well known since there beginning in 1903 and the swedish designed husky's died off...but the italian cagiva huskys was a lot more advance and far superior in performance and quality as all italian things are!...well this story can go on and on, but i started on the little italian HD's and had great HD-USA & HD-Italy support racing them, then when sold to Cagiva was the second person to import one and also recieved great support from them and still have contact with them today but Cagiva's name is now under the MV Agusta umbrella but still makes Cagiva street and dual purpose bikes and still makes the italian made Huskys but makes them for BMW who bought Husky several years back!...well rambling now, but here are some pics of just a few of my favorite and some very rare prototype bikes! but i will have to post several at a time in different replies but/and dont want to waste forum space as some guys here might not appreciate it! Ciao! MW wink.gif

Note of correction though: I do have one little jap bike in my collection and that is a Yamaha PW50 Y-Zinger that my youngest daughter started off on at 4 years old and just kept it for sentimental reasons which she is 24 now, and i do have grand children!, and i do ride a new Triumph sport-touring bike made in the U.K.! ohmy.gif

promod

#15 Post by promod »

And here are a few more, some pics i had planned to put on here was to large to download...to bad as you would have loved them! sad.gif

promod

#16 Post by promod »

QUOTE (promod @ Jan 18 2013, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And here are a few more, some pics i had planned to put on here was to large to download...to bad as you would have loved them! sad.gif

promod

#17 Post by promod »

speedfreek

#18 Post by speedfreek »

Awesome collectdion! Thanks for sharing.

speedracer

#19 Post by speedracer »

Wow,just awesome,I like the caferacer and the flattracker.How does the Harley with the forks for shocks ride?Thanks for sharing.

promod

#20 Post by promod »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Jan 18 2013, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How does the Harley with the forks for shocks ride?

For competition like plush pogo sticks! laugh.gif , That bike is a '75 model, it was HD's first attempt at a 250cc MX bike know as the Prototype and even though the engine was Italian the bike was designed and assembled in Milwaukee, there were only 100 made and available to select HD dealers and priveteers for testing, it is the most sought after bike for the die-hard HD Lightweight collectors (which a good example of sold on Ebay a couple of weeks ago for almost 10k!), the engine was a highly modified mx version of the production engine from there street/trail SX250 model, it had a Champion made frame, petty fenders, hurst/airheart rear disc brake, showa front forks, whitaker plastic tank and side panels, the rear forks were air/oil hydraulic units made by Redwing/Showa, they yeilded almost 7" travel, but although HD was trying something different for a limited production bike ..they never worked right and everyone replaced them with convensional rear shocks! so even if you find one of these bikes all together there usually minus the reak forks as they were tossed backed in the day and hard to locate for a restoration....lucky to own several of these bikes all complete with them still on it!, the other pic is another version shown of the same basic bike which was converted for enduro racing back in my young racing days!, although the rear forks were used on HD's limited production bike..they were not the first to try them...as Bultaco and Ossa also tried the same type set up on some of there factory race bikes...but also found out they didnt work!....but overall they are cool looking and the first thing noticed by anyone seeing these bikes!, the other HD MX'r is there full production of 1000 units 1978 designed and produced in Italy (same basic engine though!) model raced with good results by guys like Rex Staten, Marty Tripes and Don Kudalski, but before they had time to perfect the bike, HD sold the Italian plant to Cagiva in late '78!....And the story continues! wink.gif