help me southbay riders

Derno24

#11 Post by Derno24 »

You may want to change the flow rate. Return you Injector offset to what it was before. Then decrease the flow rate by 50 try it again. then move the offset. From what I have seen to drastic of a change in the I/O doesn't fix the problem.

How far did you go with the i/o?

cannibalq8

#12 Post by cannibalq8 »

dustin told to increase the injector offset to 1.2.... still didn't solve the backfire and suddenly stop so i decrease it to .96 its better now less backfire and suddenly stop ..... the exhaust become red and there is black smoke.

* its backfire and suddenly stop in low speed on the 4th and 5th gears and sometimes if i press the throttle fast.

im using HMF full system

Derno24

#13 Post by Derno24 »

what was the original I/O setting before you made changes?

cannibalq8

#14 Post by cannibalq8 »

it was .86

i notice that everytime i opened the dm software to changed the injector offset its come back to .6481 <-- near like that ( like a defualt ). is that normal?

thanx

Jaybr

#15 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by cannibalq8
it was .86

i notice that everytime i opened the dm software to changed the injector offset its come back to .6481 <-- near like that ( like a defualt ). is that normal?

thanx

Yes, that's normal. What your seeing when you open the program is the settings from the map it's opening. In order to see what your settings are you have to "download settings from ECU"

Derno24

#16 Post by Derno24 »

Actually that is a good question. Do you know how to download and upload things to the ECU? Did you get the manual with your M&D kit? One thing I learned after running my bike lean for too long is that you should change the plug too.

cannibalq8

#17 Post by cannibalq8 »

!!!!!!!???????
do u mean i should "download settings from ECU" and change the setting ( increase or decrease the injector offset ) then i send it back to ECU?.... if that's true that's mean i didnt change any setting befor

jamiesel

#18 Post by jamiesel »

hehe.. probaly starving for more gas... this things gonna make you smile when you get it right...

off topic but why don't you guys get paddles and ride in those kuwait dunes? It drives me crazy knowing you have all that sand and are not rocking those sand hills.

Do you have digital camara? I would love to see your riding areas....

Derno24

#19 Post by Derno24 »

Yup when you first start the program you should download setting from the ecu first. If you are keeping the current map then download all settings. If you are changing the map then load the map first, then download just the throttle settings. This will marry the files. Then make your changes then upload them into the ecu. When you load a map it usually has settings of it's own for throttle settings. This is why you need to download from your ecu after you load the map.

If you need more help just ask. I might be able to send you via e-mail the pages you need from the manual.

cannibalq8

#20 Post by cannibalq8 »

i will post some pix and try to download some videos ( our season will start november smile.gif). i test my southbay450 against my buddy banshee with .50 over bore piston , procircuit pipe , 15t front sprocket , ITP holeshot tires ( he is light and good rider actully ).

the result is :- SMOKING HIM IN 200FT DRAG RACE ( he didnt complete the race coz i throw dust on him hehhehehehehe). guys here amazing of my quad smile.gif))

this thing is PULLING HARD even start with 3rd gear still pulls harder and longer that 2nd gear with stock motor. and the new 5th gear really works excellent !

i didnt use race gas until now. i used unleaded 98 octane ( we call it super ultra here in kuwait ). our fuel :-
preimum = unleaded 92 octane
super = unleaded 96 octane
ultra super = unnleaded 98 octane which i thinks its more than 98:(((

* im using HMF full system

im waiting for ur help guys