Riding in water?

Ryanstones

Congrats on the CANNON,

#11 Post by Ryanstones »

I'm glad all our sage advice isn't wasted. LOL

The tranny vent reroute is a 2 minute job, 1 for a real mechanic. You'll see when you get the quad.

JeffQuadShop

#12 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Cannondales are the most waterproof bike of all the sport quads. This was the wettest year in GNCC history! My mike never once gave even the slightest hint of water getting into anything, even after water going over the seat in FL!

LapTraffic

#13 Post by LapTraffic »

I've had mine floating before. For a short time I had water up to the bars until I got my weight shifted back and the front end out of the air. I dont recommend it but it will take it and keep going.

pdavis

#14 Post by pdavis »

i was concerned about the battery being submerged, electrical probs

JeffQuadShop

#15 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by pdavis
i was concerned about the battery being submerged, electrical probs
No, won't hurt it at all.

pdavis

#16 Post by pdavis »

thanks, not like i am going to go test it or anything, i know that the owners manual, says no water deeper than 8"

Pro400EXC

#17 Post by Pro400EXC »

So Jeff,

As long as I have a rad guard to keep all that ikky mud out(lol) the Dale can blast threw streams of water?Well not blast,but you know....

Also,you were on your same stock motor threw the whole season w/ no problems?

Joe

JeffQuadShop

#18 Post by JeffQuadShop »

You don't even need the radiator guard for going through water, only for roost protection to keep mud and rocks from clogging and denting the radiator.
I got my 03 Blaze in october of 02. I raced it in the whole 12 round mid-south series in the winter of 02/03, then I raced it in the first half of the 03 GNCC season, 8 races. I also used this same bike for practice and racing local events.
After The Wisp round, I was forced to sell it to pay off the money greedy company (pegasas) that took over Cannondale (even tho Cannondale sponcered me the quad). For the rest of the season my good buddy OFFROADREDNECK (Jason Back) let me finish out the season on his 03 Cannibal. Thanks buddy!!!!
My 03 Blaze ran just as good as the day I received it from Cannondale. The motor had never been apart, the valves never needed adjusting. The only problem I had with it was at the NC round where the radiator clogged with mud and ran hot enough to melt the waterpump impeller. I still finished the race with no coolant in the quad and finished 3rd.

Whats even more impressive is my friend and mechanic rowlrag (John Rowling) has been racing his 02 Blaze since the summer of 02. It has 1 full GNCC season and 1 1/2 midsouth seasons as well as practicing and trailriding just about every weekend. His motor has been apart once to loctite bolts and look things over. It showed very little signs of wear and was well within specs (still hasn't needed valve adjustments). We didn't replace a thing. He will compete again this year on the same quad in the 4-stroke A class. Oh ya, he won the GNCC 25+ class and finished 49th overall last year in his first attempt at GNCC racing! :clap:
Our bikes are basically stock, we run Blaze maps, HMF exhaust, Hiper wheels and Elka shocks. Everything else is stock. We run full snthetic oils which I believe in 100%, and change it often!

I've been racing XC for 15 years now and I can honestly say these are the best most reliable quads I have ever owned (this was the first time in my career that I have never had a DNF all season! :bow:

I am confident that ATK will only make these quads as good as they are, even better!

Ryanstones

#19 Post by Ryanstones »

That is a phenomenal testimonial JEFF!
Thanks for taking the time to write it.

:usa

EuroGOD

#20 Post by EuroGOD »

...and good luck next season. May it be as, if not more, rewarding as the last. :clap: :clap: