got the 450R in the garage

canibalistic

Healing

#11 Post by canibalistic »

Yeah, I'm pretty well healed. The fractured right leg is good, still exercising it, it's the fractured 7th vertabrae that still wakes me up about 4 in the morning but it's pretty good after a hot shower, that's still lingering from that day we were riding with Troy.
You running the arkansas series only this year?

86atc250r

#12 Post by 86atc250r »

Yep, I'll be running the AR series (although I'll miss the 1st race), Silverlake, and other misc events. There's also a new track near Mtn Home that's supposedly doing some MX and TT. MX is fine for practice, but I don't like racing it - the TT sounds interesting though...

I didn't realize you broke a vertabrae in that crash, that's a bad deal...

Btw, has anyone shown you my cannondale tuning tool?

PS. Congrats on your new ride Joe, I'm hoping to have mine very soon... If I'm lucky, when it does come, the weather won't turn to crap.

canibalistic

Cannondale tuning tool???

#13 Post by canibalistic »

No, what is your cannondale tuning tool? Let me know about mt. home schedule if you get a chance, that does sound interesting.

JST

86atc250r

#14 Post by JST »

When he asked about your 500,are we talking about a CR500 quad by any chance?

86atc250r

#15 Post by 86atc250r »

Yessir

jcmpunk

#16 Post by jcmpunk »

Hey,
In that comparison, throw your old lt250r into it. My brother has one and we wanna know how it compares to a cannondale and the new 450. Thanks, and good luck with it!

4punksdad

#17 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by jcmpunk
Hey,
In that comparison, throw your old lt250r into it. My brother has one and we wanna know how it compares to a cannondale and the new 450. Thanks, and good luck with it!

no need to compare............the old LT is bone stock and can compare in the woods or on the track because it handles SO well, but in a drag race it won't hold a candle to the new 4 strokes.

jcmpunk

#18 Post by jcmpunk »

Oh, well I am not going to tell my bro that!smile.gif Hey, are you going to takes some clips of the 450r? I think that you may be the first if you do.

4punksdad

#19 Post by 4punksdad »

didn't have the helmet cam on today.........to tell the truth, we didn't have helmets on at all. Thats out of character for me, but its a fact.

The two bikes are very fast.............but I think the c-dale is still the king of speed. I was able to pull the 450R in both 1st and second gear starts.............one time he had a good lead on me and I sucked him in and passed him.

then we switched and I rode the 450R..........The c-dale got the jump on me almost every time. I was able to pass him a few times, but I think that was his fear of revving the c-dale to the moon.............

my seat of the pants feeling is that the c-dale pulls harder and faster, but that the 450R might me faster in top speed. It just takes a tad longer to get there.

I think that with a smaller front sprocket, the 450R could be as quick as the c-dale.

4punksdad

#20 Post by 4punksdad »

forgot the pic