Holy ****

derekhonda

#11 Post by derekhonda »

oh went up to some land my friend owns, real nice piece of property about 20 acres. It ties in with about another 200 or so acres of trails, has a creek running through it (sugar creek for you indianians) and multiple farm fields. Also ties in with an old gravel pit the city used to use and theres also 2 boys who sometimes ride with us up there whom their dad owns a "dirt moving" company, so they own about 10 tri-axle dump trucks and have a dozer and a loader and a skid steer. So basically up there, we have lots of trails, lots of drag fields, a few jumps, and a big *** gravel pit. Its alot of fun.

Yeah the dale beat 2 400exs (K&N.Whitebrothers e series for both of them) pretty easily, actually very easily.

Only complaint i have, is the battery seemed to be crappin out on me it was the weirdest thing. Like it started up easy the first time (being cold) and then after that it was hard to start up, like sometimes it acted like it was flooded so i just let it sit there and then eventually it would fire up. Anyone else have that problem?

LapTraffic

#12 Post by LapTraffic »

Youre not touching the throttle when you start it up are you?

Great to hear you like it.

derekhonda

#13 Post by derekhonda »

nope not touching the throttle, ill try and imitate the sound that it makes:

(keep in mind this is while holding the starter in the whole time)
crank crank crank . . . . (n o t h i n g) . . . . . . . . . .crank crank crank . . . . .(a n o t h e r n o t h i n g) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .crank crank . .( s i l e n c e) . . . . . .crank crank and vroom and it starts :eek:

Cannibal440

#14 Post by Cannibal440 »

Try raising the idle. If it is difficult to start when warm, but not when cold, start there.

thomez

#15 Post by thomez »

Ever been taught the correct starting procedure? Most don't know it, I sure didn't .

Tap starter. You will hear the fuel pump cycle some fuel.
Tap starter again, same thing. This is like priming your lawn mower before you pull.
Now crank it for 3 seconds, probably will start.

If not, repeat. You have to prime the system a little but.

give that a shot I bet 9/10 it will work, mine has never not started 3 push.

acarli3

#16 Post by acarli3 »

Oh yes the sounds of marbles being knocked around in my engine. It's the Cannondale trademark sound!

derekhonda

#17 Post by derekhonda »

Well i did not know what, and i do keep a trickle charger on it set on a very low amperage (or volts, i forget:o ) And yes, the marble sound hits the nail on the head.

KYmxracer52

#18 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Where can you buy these "trickle chargers" at? My battery has never failed me yet, but who wants to take a chance? How much do they cost?

Mjollnir

#19 Post by Mjollnir »

Dirt cheap at Harbor Freight. Like 8 bucks or something, look for a "Battery Tender"
or something.

Marc

thomez

#20 Post by thomez »

Make sure that it won't just keep charging and charging, that it will have a shutoff point...

I think Doug sells them for 20 something.