My new practice bike is finally done!!

haydug

#11 Post by haydug »

Thanks for compliments.
As for the crank?? Same thing about the head.
I have been waiting on a wink crank since before Dec. and have decided to give up waiting. As for the head, it is a quick mild port job by FDO, no re-angled injectors or different valve sizes here. Seems to be taking them to long also to finish the heads. NOW I have customer's expecting these goodies to be put on there motors, so there goes my own. Unfortunatly, the customer comes first.
ATK just sent me a crank to try, it is a new crank that has been balanced. I'll test it and reply with results.
As for the FDO full race head, well, guess someone else will post results when they get it running. As for a winky crank, well, guess I'll be left out of that as well. sad.gif

So for now, I found a new billet crank (thanks maz) and have just finished my cases to get it to work in the race bike. It will have a SBM 450 kit and head. I'm going to VA to race one way or another, even if I have to race the woods bike. :usa

bknight

#12 Post by bknight »

haydug
is this the falicon crank
if it is plz give your input on it

Derno24

#13 Post by Derno24 »

Haydug,

What rear sprocket are you running and what size? Nice looking quad...

Jammer72

#14 Post by Jammer72 »

Originally posted by bknight
haydug
is this the falicon crank
if it is plz give your input on it

Bknight

I believe its a stock crank that has been balanced by Falicon. It should be because thats whats going back in my motor. I've been waiting for a crank for my motor and just told Doug to stick one of these in mine. Now if I can get FDO to finish my head within the next week I'd be set.

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

I really like that look!At first I thought it was mine.Now I know you have good taste except you keep talking about that defunct old 250r plastic.Are you waiting on Pete for the 250r kit also?That waiting is one of my main gripes with Dale suppliers most seem to think they are doing you a favor even though they have your money.

swamper38s

#16 Post by swamper38s »

Hey Doug, why are you selling the other 2 dales, your making me nerves, I am in shock, what's up?:confused:

Mjollnir

#17 Post by Mjollnir »

As long as we're noticing missing stuff...

Where's the countershaft sprocket cover? Without that, your slave cylinder is only held on with 2/3 bolts, right? Unless you modded it for some reason...

NRath

#18 Post by NRath »

Originally posted by haydug
going to VA to race one way or another

What race are you talking about? Are you coming for the Loretta Lynn qualifier this weekend?

I don't think a practice bike needs wave rotors, so why don't you go ahead and pull those used things off and sell them to me cheap! Don't forget- if they have a scratch, they're used! The quad looks good. Nice to see you've been spending a little time on the 'dales.

haydug

#19 Post by haydug »

Missing bolts?? Not finished, completetly. I don't use the sprocket cover, but I do use the aluminum guard so if the chain comes off, it doesn't wipe the slave cylinder out.
grips?? Who needs'em. tongue.gif
As for the race, that is next weekend, an atva national at danville, va.
The crank is a stock cannondale crank, no balancing, no anything. It has been in this motor for awhile, and it still feels fine. I can not get a balanced crank at this point, unless I go with ATK, which I have gotten a few already, but they went into customer's bikes. I guess I'm practicing what I preach, tired of sitting around waiting to ride, so I'm going to ride this thing until something happens.