Closest to a cannondale?

Pro400EXC

#11 Post by Pro400EXC »

How bout the other Fuel-Injected quad(Gas Gas)

they any good?

Ryanstones

WTF Dave?

#12 Post by Ryanstones »

Why take a big loss on your 'dale to buy a quad that is only questionably better, in some respects than what you sold? Has it not been running?

You wanted me to try and talk you out of it right?

cannibalq8

#13 Post by cannibalq8 »

we have both th gasgas's the 300 2 stroke and 450 4 stroke EFI. if ur dealer know how to tune them that will be fine. they r littel bit heavy and the throttle response is not impressive plus they r expensive.

i recommend to go to yfz or cheap cannondale

thanx

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

I recommend you find TWO used Cannondales.A YFZ is at least $6500 you should be able to get two for that amount of money check the bolts,motormount update and ride one do the major updates to the other when time and money allows eventually you will have both fully updated then you could sell one or better yet have one for wide and one narrow!

440rider

What up Ryan!

#15 Post by 440rider »

Hey man, I haven't sold the dale yet and yes I will take a loss on it considering all the aftermarket parts and carbon wheels and new rzr IIS on it. It's been running fine I love it and I am going to have a hard time getting rid of it because it's such a kick *** machine but it's too much upkeep and I just think it's unreliable. I dont' want to have to worry about the battery issues and the next updates and whatever else may come up. I don't want to have to make sure my battery is charged every night befor I ride and worry about the chance of it dying out on the trail. Don't get me wrong I love having the dale at races, harescrambles and fav. ride spots because you don't see them alot and the performance is bar none. Anyway that's why i posted the original post because i want to find out which of the new 450's hit like the dale or is most similar and what problems each has had. U wanna buy my dale? How'd u do at that race in maplesville? I got some video of you coming up that front hill. Also got alot of people wrecking up there too! When u guys going on your next riding trip we're looking to go somewhere maybe we'll tag along! -D

Ryanstones

#16 Post by Ryanstones »

I'd love to see that video! That was a nasty hill, steep, rutted and all the big roots to get over near the top. I bet there were some good crashes there. I got 5th of 25, only 4 minutes back from 1st.

Do you still have battery/charging issues? I thought you cured that a while ago. It sounds like the Honda is more reliable and tougher than the YFZ, but you are gonna have to work on any quad! Give me a holler if you do decide to sell, i might be interested for cheap.

Going to Utah in June for 3 weeks, wanna go? I'm psyched to ride some dunes! Let me know if you want to come down here and ride sometime.

:usa

440rider

#17 Post by 440rider »

Yeah I will definatly come down and ride you need to give me your # again I don't think I have it! Utah sounds like fun. I am probably going to sell my Dale for $4k or so. I will post it on the site in a week or so if I am positive I am going to sell. I have the battery issues taken care of I have a new battery in it and it's running great but it still makes me nervous. I just want something new. I have the itch. Hey give me you address and I'll send you a dvd of the race. I almost had a raptor land on me on the top of that hill. Guy came up to the top and hammered it to peak the hill and that raptor came out from under him and did a flip in the air. So u think the 450r is the way to go? I heard the YZF was the better machine and hit more like a cannondale or a 2 stroke. I know you have to maintain every bike but that's normal, but not as nearly as much as a dale. Later

pdavis

#18 Post by pdavis »

thomez

#19 Post by thomez »

Those 2 new 450's have the same maintenence schedule as the Cdale, you have to remove the seat and tank to change the plug on them too. They are not at all easier to work on, cost more money, are slower in stock form, aren't nearly as well constructed, the YFZ is the machine with charging issues, the 450r will get old kicking (Mickey Dunlap at 4 Stroke Tech already is running auto-clutches in his teams because if you stall in the woods that gets old really fast and loses too much time in any harescramble type event).

There isn't a better machine out there yet. If you want to downgrade for a loss because you think they will be easier, you are probably mistaken. They need the same expensive oil, expensive gas, the same amount of changes, and are the same pain to work on.

Ryanstones

YEA, what he said ^

#20 Post by Ryanstones »

Cannondales RULE!

:usa