What are the odds?

Ryanstones

#11 Post by Ryanstones »

The way i heard it, cannondale chose the 3/2 to minimize the problem you had with the rock. FWIW

LapTraffic

#12 Post by LapTraffic »

Just out of curiosity. If I ran long travel A - Arms and then a 4-1 offset, could I get the benefits of long travel without the issues of an overly wide stance for cross country?

Why not just make rotor protector, mount it to the caliper. I thinkKim's Warrior has one. Do they not work? IT'd keep the big stuff out of there.

Jaybr

#13 Post by Jaybr »

I believe all of the long travel a-arms are +3's which puts you right at if not wider than 50" up front. Long travel arms also require long travel shocks.

You could get +2 arms (not long travel) and 4-1 offset wheels and your front end would only be 2" wider than stock. Not a bad setup for trails.

JeffQuadShop

#14 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Thats the exact setup I ran on my 250R, +1 long travel Houser arms, long travel Elka shocks and 4+1 offset front wheels. This widened the front end by just shy of 2". The front was even with the rear using a stock axle. This was the best setup I have run in 15 years of XC racing (untill I got my Blaze)!biggrin.gif

Knight440

bumpsteer

#15 Post by Knight440 »

Anyone needing a better explanation of bumpsteer pick up a copy of Stockcar Racing mag Feb2003 I thought it kind of funny I was reading this post then picked up my copy of the mag to do some morning reading and there was a hole article on what bumpsteer is.

Lap I would highly recommend getting either a rolled edge rim or a reinforced rim like the OMF's other wise your just going to bend up another set of rims.

last pic on this page you can see the omf's on mine.

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showth...15&pagenumber=7

LapTraffic

#16 Post by LapTraffic »

Thanks!

LapTraffic

#17 Post by LapTraffic »

Ok, I bought the conventional Ultimates from Rocky mountain ATV. The gal there said that they are .190's with an "integral inverted reinforcement ring ™" and are as strong if not stronger than a welded race ring on a .190

Had 6 ply razr's mounted on them. They might be here by Friday, Tuesday on the outside.

See what kind of damage I can do to these.

For sale:
Matching set of stock ITP front wheels. Abused 20+ hours. Right wheel still holds air. 60 bucks plus shipping

Just kidding wink.gif