Utah RrrockS!

Ryanstones

#11 Post by Ryanstones »

Phone calls at 11,000' A little further up the trail and the it became impassable. New plan! Back through the rockfalls and meadows for a different way over the mountain.

Ryanstones

#12 Post by Ryanstones »

The magnitude of the land here is just overwhelming.

Ryanstones

uh oh

#13 Post by Ryanstones »

We were rippin the trails/roads back to camp, hanging it out at 70mph. Stopped to let Jummpin catch up and gave him a little grief about never being able to catch me. Big mistake. He roosts away and i'm following in his dust when the dust trail leaves the road! Can't tell it here, but it was a 4' dropoff and he slid into it sideways, narrowly avoiding fatal catastrophe on a 3' square boulder. I don't know how he didn't hit it way wrong, but thank god. It must have been so close to a high speed rollover. :wow but he never left 4 wheels. whew.

Severely bent wheel, but still holds air, and a u shaped tie rod. Momma was real upset and the grief went on for hours.

Great Kawi dealer in Huntington, on the way to Lil Sahara helped us out by stealing a new rod off a crate V. only $30!

Ryanstones

Little Sahara

#14 Post by Ryanstones »

More Sand Dune pics later!

jesshamner

#15 Post by jesshamner »

Those are great pics. Keep them coming!

Ryanstones

thanks Jess

#16 Post by Ryanstones »

So Jer and i are completely stoked about getting to Little Sahara, but we're kind of late getting off the mountain and have to skip washing the quads. We get to the Oasis campsite and it's HOT as **** and there are only 3 other campers in the whole 150 space site. The wife is whining, the sand is blowing, the flies are biting and I DON'T CARE! cause we're going Dunin! Next morning we have to make the 30 mile trip back to the quadwash cause i can't have the cannon all muddy in the sand. Fyrmedic is coming around noon to show us around, and i'm eager so it's 70mph back to town. Roll up to the carwash and jump out to open the trailer with a lit cigarette in hand, drop the ramp and knew i'd screwed up right away. A 5 gallon gas can has emptied completely in the back of my new trailer filled with storage boxes and campin crap. ****! At least we didn't blow the whole thing up right there on main st. nephi Utah! We emptied the whole trailer onto the street, throwing away all the ruined boxes and stuff. A toothless wonder pulls up and wants to know what we are selling! LMAO. Anyway, scrubbed out the trailer, washed the quads, and bought whip flags at the honda dealer next door. Parts man can't believe we drove all the way from Florida, so he throws in a couple hats no charge. Cooool. Back to camp, slower. We're putting the new tie rod on the V when FYRMEDIC shows up. Totally cool, never met him, but this cannondaleRider drives 2 hours to come show us around! Thanks alot Glade! Glade is completely cool and it's not long before we are suited up for our first Dune ride. Away we go and Glade takes us thru 5 miles of whoops to the foot of Sand Mtn. Up to the top and over and we are dropping into what seemed like a 300' deep bowl. 5 minutes of this bowl and i have to stop and calm down. I have butterflies and am shaking, hard. Sand riding is one weirdass feeling! Standing in the sand after a few minutes i realize my feet are baking and my ice cold water pack is already near boiling. So i learned quick. Don't stop on the sand dunes in July!

this pic is me and jumpinjer, with him on Fyrmedics sweet handling, sounding, strong cannibal.

Ryanstones

#17 Post by Ryanstones »

Me and glade jumping. The sky, clouds and sand shown in Sandstorms pics are what inspired me to make the trip in the first place.
We weren't disappointed.

Ryanstones

#18 Post by Ryanstones »

Glade gettin tricky. Sand Mtn in the back.
Nice new ATK plastics man! How's a guy go about getttin em for free like that?

Ryanstones

#19 Post by Ryanstones »

We decide to head back to camp for a COLD drink and about half way back i knew i wasn't gonna make it. Seems somebody overtightened the hold down bracket on my new oversize ytx-12bs and the battery case has split, toasting the battery. ooops. Gosh i hate getting towed.
Back at camp it's 4pm and no cell service to call for a battery. We jump in the truck and finally get through to Nephi Honda and the man says "Sure we've got a 9BS and i'll put it on charge for you" He didn't tell me it was a really good battery though, $80! :wow LOL Glade is driving, so it takes a realllly long time to get there and back, but no gas was spilled.

Ryanstones

#20 Post by Ryanstones »

The worst part of the whole trip is when i realized that my 14 year old son had finally gotten taller than me. I had been saying that he wasn't taller, he just looked it 'cause he wasn't beat down by life yet. oh well, at least i still make more money than he does.:deal:
Our evening ride with Fyrmedic was awesome. It had rained while we were chasing batteries and With the sun down and the wind steadily cleaning the sand, it was like our own private riding heaven. What an absolute Blast!